Author Topic: 12 Gauge Upper For AR-10 Rifles  (Read 12121 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
12 Gauge Upper For AR-10 Rifles
« on: January 02, 2020, 09:18:36 PM »
Tactical Rifle & Carbine... And Shotgun Too.

There's a company called Genesis Arms that makes 12 Gauge uppers for DPMS pattern AR-10 lowers. The only modification needed is the beef-up kit that comes with it: anti walk trigger pins, bolt catch, increased power bolt catch spring, magazine latch, and increased power magazine latch spring. After that you just pull the pins, swap uppers, and push the pins back in. Nothing else needs to be done to go back and forth between the rifle and shotgun uppers, but you should use a heavy buffer for 3" or magnum shells.

The upper works with Anderson Mfg, Barrett, CMMG, Doublestar, Franklin Armory (with or w/o the binary trigger), PSA, and some others without any other modification. Besides the standard 18.25" barreled upper they also sell 14.5" and 10.5" NFA uppers, complete 18.25", 14.5" and 10.5" shotguns, stripped lowers, and a 10.5" non-NFA firearm. It's one of those things that not a pistol or an SBS, like the Shockwave, but semi-auto with 5 and 10-round box magazines. 8)

https://www.genesisarms.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW1f0POBomg&feature=emb_logo
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: 12 Gauge Upper For AR-10 Rifles
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 12:27:58 PM »
WOW!!..

Like the AR platform better than the AK.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 09:55:53 AM »
That is sweet.....just so happens I know where a PSA lower is....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 09:59:17 AM »
Oh, gee....$HIT that's expensive for an upper.

I'm going back to wondering about the Armscor.  It's 60% cheaper and you get the entire package...not just an upper. 

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=33537.0
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 01:06:32 AM »
It's priced beyond my means. I don't have an AR10 lower and would need to buy that too, or the whole shotgun. If they cut the price by half I think they could sell a bunch of them. I thought it was really cool that after so many shotguns have been made that resemble an AR to one degree or another, there's finally a shotgun that IS an AR. The serial numbered half anyway. You could be doing some long range shooting with a 6.5mm Creedmoor, or smashing big game with a 475 Bishop Short Magnum, etc., then moments later shooting your AR 12 gauge shotgun. You would have the same fire controls with nothing to relearn or adapt to, which I think is one of its good points. You would have the same trigger pull instead of the relatively bad trigger many shotguns have, and no fumbling for the mag release in an unfamiliar location. They just want too much for it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:59:08 AM »

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 12:43:56 PM »
It seems like they're trying to recoup their R&D expenditures as fast as they can.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 04:30:28 PM »
The whole swaping uppers is a myth.  I dont know any one that does it or at least for any lenght of time.

Other than rapid reloads, what purpose does it serve?  I also wonder about recoil as ar10s are pretty light compared to a shot gun
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 02:23:08 AM »
It seems like they're trying to recoup their R&D expenditures as fast as they can.

In one sale.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk