Poll

What do you think of the Coronavirus outbreak in China?

A big deal for China.
0 (0%)
Not a big deal for China.
1 (7.1%)
Coming soon to a town you know.
2 (14.3%)
We won't have any problems in the US with it.
0 (0%)
Time to get prepared just in case.
2 (14.3%)
I am prepared for this Wuhan Chinese Flu.
6 (42.9%)
I am going to be ready if the US economy collapses in mid-April.
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 38425 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2020, 09:40:28 AM »
Only thing I'm worried about is 5.56.

Not only is 5.56 MM ammo scarce, but Mil-Surp brass is all but non available. Even places like Everglades Brass, who use to have literally truckloads of 5.56 MM surplus brass to go for around $65.00 @ thousand, doesn't have a single case in stock. Primers and powder are all but gone as well. This is without question the worst it's ever been.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2020, 10:25:09 AM »
Tom was right about the 10MM.  It's all gone now.

The deal right now is 50 BMG.  Palmetto State has 100 rounds of 4:1 50 BMG linked for $350 including shipping.  UN Ammo has a better price on the loose silver tip 50 BMG....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2021, 01:48:30 PM »
Well crud.  I finally caught the bugger.  It's a persistent beastie.  The first few days were a breeze with improvement on day 3 and 4 when I got tested.  Two days later it started kicking my you know what.

Timothy

« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2021, 02:02:38 PM »
Well crud.  I finally caught the bugger.  It's a persistent beastie.  The first few days were a breeze with improvement on day 3 and 4 when I got tested.  Two days later it started kicking my you know what.

Hang in there.  My daughters man meat caught it, took him out for a few weeks, the kid musta got it too but she never got tested.  Both grand critters never missed a beat, 5 and 3.  We avoided them for three weeks, all good!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #234 on: January 05, 2021, 02:18:32 PM »
Oldest son, lives alone, got it.  Had him down for a week.  Of course he stayed home, ordered groceries delivered and didn't visit his daughter or us.   He works from home, and other than missing a day or 2 this wasn't a big deal work-wise for him.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #235 on: Today at 04:54:56 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2021, 04:31:28 PM »
Younger son (the firefighter) tested positive Sunday (his entire shift has it at the FD). He has a low grade fever and feels like crap but is staying up and moving around his house and outside which is good for the lungs, I understand.

The wife's sister and her husband has it along with six of their kids and grands and nephew. The husband, son and nephew all work at the same place and it is rampant there so I figure one of the three was the carrier during Christmas. My b-i-l is struggling because he already had an auto-immune issue that had him borderline having leukemia and his white blood count is basically zero. He went to the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville today and they tried an experimental IV antibiotic and something else on him so now it's a wait and see.

My wife was in proximity to our son last Thursday but not up close, so they told us to watch closely for symptoms and stay away from folks for ten days.
We are taking vitamins and such and have Ivermectin on hand. I'll use that stuff in a heartbeat at the first sign of a symptom. A friend took the Ivermec when he had it swears it turned his sickness around in 48 hours. Studies are showing that the stuff works. I also read a study this week that listed several antihistamines (one was regular old Benadryl) that made big improvements in symptom relief.

I personally think the wife had it last February. Since her chemo ten years ago she has bouts of chronic bronchitis a couple times per year, usually during peak allergy seasons. Last February she spent two weeks coughing with on/off chills and was in the bed sick. Doc prescribed the stuff they always do for the bronchitis but she said it was different because her lungs burned and ached and felt different than the normal bronchitis.
The second week that she was sick and coughing, I also started with a cough but only had a mild fever for a day or so. My immune system has always been pretty stout and I rarely get sick....and when I do it usually doesn't hit me as hard as it does the rest of the family.
In March and April when the main symptom lists started coming out we both said that was probably what we had in February. Now they say you can get it again even if you've already had it.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2021, 04:42:20 PM »
Yeah the coughing and congestion kicked in about day # 5 and 6.  Day 7 is when test results came in and I started the Ivermectin.  I wish I had gone ahead and started it a few days earlier.  Day 8 fever came back and day 9 it was a pretty high fever until it broke around midnight. 

tombogan03884

« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2021, 08:49:57 AM »
Coughing ?
Congestion ?
After a pack a day+ for 45 years I wouldn't even notice that.
People I've talked to around here have mentioned head aches as well .
A couple have said that was the only symptom they had.
Has anyone seen any effect or symptom that makes this any different from the normal flu ?

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: January 06, 2021, 09:57:15 AM »
Yeah.  In a regular flu you get bad and when you get better you generally continue to feel better.  With this damn thing you take 3 steps forward and 4 steps backwards then 3 steps forward and 1 step back.  Then all of a sudden when you are better then you get slammed by fever for a couple of days and get better and fall into coughing fits for another couple of days.  It's a real hanger oner to get rid of for us old folks.  I had the fever break and felt better for a day and then got slammed with respiratory distress. 

I am glad I took the pneumonia vaccine back last March. 

tombogan03884

« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2021, 12:50:00 PM »
I am glad I took the pneumonia vaccine back last March. 

I'm not anti vax, but the flu shot messes me up bad enough to be extremely leery of any others  for myself.
I'll take my chances as always.
What doesn't kill you might not make you stronger, but it DOES make you more resistant.    ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk