Poll

What do you think of the Coronavirus outbreak in China?

A big deal for China.
0 (0%)
Not a big deal for China.
1 (7.1%)
Coming soon to a town you know.
2 (14.3%)
We won't have any problems in the US with it.
0 (0%)
Time to get prepared just in case.
2 (14.3%)
I am prepared for this Wuhan Chinese Flu.
6 (42.9%)
I am going to be ready if the US economy collapses in mid-April.
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 38410 times)

Timothy

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2020, 08:17:27 AM »
Just got the call!

Two week shut down with pay and unemployment after that if it's extended further.

Backgammon and cribbage tourney to commence this afternoon!

Gun vault is stocked with a few hundred rounds of defensive ammo and same for ball...

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2020, 10:24:39 AM »

Gun vault is stocked with a few hundred rounds of defensive ammo and same for ball...

Amateur  ;D ;D
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Timothy

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2020, 10:31:42 AM »

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2020, 04:33:17 AM »
Grapevine says the interstates will be shut down...probably the weekend or maybe at the end of the weekend.  No non-essential commercial transportation and only trips for food or medical reasons will be allowed.  Any of you guys get a drift in that direction?

Not to alarm anyone of course...it may be BS...

Remember all those WWII  movies where somebody drives up to a Nazi checkpoint and the guard goes "Papier; bitte!" ?

Well...I just printed off my work's traveling papers/credentials.

I am currently employed at a refinery...we make gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, etc.  Consequently we are considered essential personnel.

Which is why our HR department emailed us our "get out of jail free" cards.  One is a placard which stays on the dash.  The other stays in the glovebox.  This is in Illinois.  Governor J. B. Pritker (aka Jabba the Hut) issued a stay at home order this past Saturday.

Me?  Personally?

I hang out in the General Discussion section of AR15 dot com.

There is way more "data" being "transmitted" there and the signal to noise ratio is skewed a bunch.  So at times it is difficult to wade or sift through all the other miscellaneous crap and purse swinging.

The latest I read was Spain is using an ice skating rink to store bodies in.

:-(

It has the potential to be really, really BAD!

And my kinda default position is to refer people to the movie The Trigger Effect:

On my own personal, anecdotal level, I went to the St. Louis Cabela's on Friday and Saturday.  I ended up chit chatting with the same clerk both days.

Her first comment on Friday that got my attention  with me was she said....supposedly...that one of their gun counter clerks asked a hoodrat "Why don't you use your money to buy extra food and toilet paper.?"  Supposedly, the hoodrat replied "If I have a gun, I don't need to buy those other things."

Then on Saturday when I was talking with that same clerk again, she said...her exact words were "I have seen more blacks here in the past 3 days than I have seen in the past 3 years."

The store was practically cleared out of the ammo.

And lots of hoodrats were eyeballing magazines and holsters.

I also made a trip to my local gun store on Saturday mornimg.  It was packed with a line almost out the door.  And a lot of the customers were buying ammo, but didn't know the difference between hollow points and FMJ's. 

If things do get froggy, there are a bunch of amateurs out there.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2020, 07:32:10 AM »
Amateurs.  Another good reason to stay at home. 

Ooops...maybe not...the amateur could be your neighbor.

Credentials.  I had to have them to travel around after Hurricane Katrina.  An oilfield buddy got them for California last week...easy enough for anyone to copy.....like yours appear to be. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 06:20:52 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2020, 07:38:02 AM »
I work the gun counter at the Cabela?s here in MA.  Since you must have a carry license here, it weeds out the bangers. 

We?re cleaned out of most everything but high end shotguns and most rifles but the ammo is non existent for everything!

Too many first timers is a bit scary.

We closed yesterday for the requisite two weeks...

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2020, 09:01:22 AM »

Too many first timers is a bit scary.

And that's what concerns me most...  Under ordinary circumstances I try to be very encouraging to new gun buyers.  But, there are so many first-timers buying firearms they know nothing about, I'm afraid for my fellow citizens.  I think it's just a matter of time before Joey Lunchbox shoots his kid, or his neighbor's kid, sneaking back home after a brief fraternization to spread the virus while burning a bit of bud.

Of course, that could all work out very well for the rest of us when this mess finally resolves--and it will resolve.  There may be a lot of fine guns on the market at very low prices.

Just finding a little hope...

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Timothy

Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2020, 09:17:55 AM »
We had a fella buy four handguns two weeks back!  Spent about 3K including a FNX-45 Tac with threaded barrel which is useless here due to can restrictions...

I?m not sure if he was a newb cuz I didn?t talk to him...too busy taking care of some Chinese immigrants who were afraid of their neighbors!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2020, 11:41:11 AM »
Got 500 rounds of 9mm in the mail today that I ordered from Academy last Friday. It was a regular order to save driving sixty miles one way to get it. The next day was when the major panic seemed to set in.
I bought my wife a Ruger last month and since it is the first ever 9mm pistola on the property I didn't have much ammo stored for it so I needed it regardless of the circumstances. I haven't checked since to see if you can still get any.... I doubt it.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2020, 03:32:13 PM »
Grapevine says the interstates will be shut down...probably the weekend or maybe at the end of the weekend.  No non-essential commercial transportation and only trips for food or medical reasons will be allowed.  Any of you guys get a drift in that direction?

Not to alarm anyone of course...it may be BS...

Coming up on the second weekend since this, and we have heard nothing.  My guess is that it was just social media gossip. 

Good old social media.  As barber shops and coffee shops go away, social media makes sure the rumors and gossip remain.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk