Poll

What do you think of the Coronavirus outbreak in China?

A big deal for China.
0 (0%)
Not a big deal for China.
1 (7.1%)
Coming soon to a town you know.
2 (14.3%)
We won't have any problems in the US with it.
0 (0%)
Time to get prepared just in case.
2 (14.3%)
I am prepared for this Wuhan Chinese Flu.
6 (42.9%)
I am going to be ready if the US economy collapses in mid-April.
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 38738 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1083
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2020, 04:27:32 AM »
I didn't read anything about the coronavirus until I read this thread. I was aware of it's existence and knew people were panicking because I heard talk about it. From what I've read so far it sounds like over 2,800 people have died from this coronavirus outbreak. But if this turns out to only be an average year for the flu, it will kill 400,000 people. It's no surprise this originated in China. Nearly all of the new influenza and coronaviruses come from China. Offhand, the only exception I can think of is MERS.

On a related topic: How does the CDC decide which strains of flu to vaccinate against each year? Some strains of flu that end up in our vaccines don't even exist in the U.S. Not yet. But they do in filthy, overcrowded, animals everywhere, and people eat anything that moves, s**t in the street, China. It's like a time machine, but when they go over there to study the viruses they don't know if they'll be here this year or 10 years from now. They only know that what's in China at the present will be here in the future unless all the carriers die first. Like a fire that burns itself out and doesn't spread, you get lucky and the virus doesn't leave the hot zone. But that doesn't happen very often. It's not in the virus' best interest to kill its host before it spreads, and this is where natural selection fits in. Survival of the fittest and sometimes stealthiest.

The virologists have to decide, out of all the different flu viruses, which 3 they think will be the biggest problem the next flu season, then the drug companies make the vaccine for the season. And it always starts in that overflowing Petri dish full of tainted specimens called China. And the flu shot will only work that one year because viruses mutate so fast. Then along comes this coronavirus with no vaccine, and no real hope of an effective vaccine being produced anytime soon. The good new is, if you're healthy and you get it, there's a very good chance you'll be okay. If you're sick with pneumonia or the flu already your odds are still pretty good.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1433
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2020, 08:07:56 AM »

But they do in filthy, overcrowded, animals everywhere, and people eat anything that moves, s**t in the street, China.

And NOW Kalifornia. San Francisco to be exact. It would not surprise me at all if we start getting more and more of these diseases starting here in this country thanks to the lower standard of living brought on by the Democratic leadership in Kalifornia. Lower standard of living, wholesale importing of illegal immigrants that bypass any sort of health check, etc..
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2020, 08:50:12 AM »
Always keep in mind what people say and what they do may indicated 2 different things.  The Chinese have a flu season every year like us.  The difference is this time they quarantined 70 million to their homes, another 600 million plus to their neighborhoods and restricted travel.  Regardless of what we may think you just don't do that for the regular flu.  If you did isolate like that for a flu season it would have been done for the flu seasons in the past.  This one is different. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2020, 12:31:49 PM »
I have heard it suggested that Corona is a research project for a biological weapon gone amiss....no real proof..just a pile of circumstantial evidence.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2020, 06:57:52 PM »
The misses has been going to meetings about it what seems like every day for the past 2 weeks. Granted she would not really see a case of it.  She still has to go theu the shtf stuff.

I am still mot personally worried about it.   I am worried about friends/ family that have weak immune systems, but thats normal.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 12:02:21 AM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2020, 09:23:05 AM »
The economic fallout will impact most people who work.  The Wuhan China area (Hubei Provine) still has the 60 million people plus under quarantine after 6 weeks....that's not a good sign.

I go with Occam's Razor on this one.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2020, 09:43:47 AM »
Read a blurb about some US chemist who was being investigated or tried for giving proprietary info and for working with the Chinese Bio-weapons lab in Wuhan...don't know the reliability of this report, but what a coincidence.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2020, 12:33:41 PM »
Actually a 2nd university professor was charged this past week.  They sold us out. 

I don't think this is related to the Coronavirus.  Just goes to show what the liberal bastards bastions are good for.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2020, 08:09:04 PM »
Grapevine says the interstates will be shut down...probably the weekend or maybe at the end of the weekend.  No non-essential commercial transportation and only trips for food or medical reasons will be allowed.  Any of you guys get a drift in that direction?

Not to alarm anyone of course...it may be BS...

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2020, 12:30:34 PM »
Something i just noticed while checking out the mls.  Thr ammount of properties pulled from the market  is troubling.  90% have been pulled( or sold... yeah  right) in the last week.

If i was still working i would be going out of my mind right now staying  at home like i am now. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk