Poll

What do you think of the Coronavirus outbreak in China?

A big deal for China.
0 (0%)
Not a big deal for China.
1 (7.1%)
Coming soon to a town you know.
2 (14.3%)
We won't have any problems in the US with it.
0 (0%)
Time to get prepared just in case.
2 (14.3%)
I am prepared for this Wuhan Chinese Flu.
6 (42.9%)
I am going to be ready if the US economy collapses in mid-April.
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 38649 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2020, 07:11:03 AM »
I'm not doubting you, but how can that be?   Aren't virtually all of the properties listed in the MLS from real estate agents and isn't there a contract on the properties?  I don't see how that many contracts go away overnight?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2020, 07:26:55 AM »
Illinois announced a Shelter In Place Order yesterday.  Starting this evening, Saturday, it goes into affect.  It really doesn't mean anything at this time, but I'm sure it will expand.  The order limits all citizens to basics - Food (grocery and take out), medical (including medications), and fuel, and we are still allowed to go out for walks, use parks, etc.  They are limiting gatherings, and state the social distancing stuff.  There is a lot in it about working from home if possible, and support for those who can't.

Yesterday I was sent home to work from home until further notice.  That makes three of us out of the office staff.  They took the rest that are in the playpen of cubicles and spread them out by using unused cubicles and space vacated by a couple of us.

With the ability to be on the system (we use Amazon Workspace) and cellphone, for 95% of my stuff it is normal, but it already feels weird not being around the others.  Friday was a short day of work with the move, today will be normal doing some stuff, but Monday will be strange.

This whole thing with COVID-19 is real, we will get through it, it will be no worse than any other similar current era situation, but we will learn a lot about ourselves and our communities.  If we each handle it properly, we will be far better for it, and the next time something comes along, we will all be better prepared.

How many of you watched Michael Bane's discussion with Mike Seeklander, Rob Pincus, and Mike Janich Thursday evening?  They went back and discussed the situation and referenced the Best Defense Survival, what they learned then and since.  Rob Pincus posted on Wednesday that he had gone back and watched the show that he had been a part of for some reminders.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2020, 07:40:44 AM »
I watched part of the discussion....it was around 02:30 when I started it so...did not finish.  But it's time.  I tried to find the pandemic show but can't.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2020, 08:53:07 AM »
Pat  Condell expresses his view of this epidemic.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2020, 12:40:16 PM »
Costco says no returns on toilet  paper and hand  sanitizer.

For fear you could have contained  it with the virus.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 09:38:08 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2020, 01:25:04 PM »
Apparently, Johnny Morris is considering Cabela?s an essential resource and won?t close our store per the governors shut down order.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2020, 03:25:23 PM »
If you have guns and/or ammo left to sell then that would be essential goods....

Timothy

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2020, 03:30:59 PM »
If you have guns and/or ammo left to sell then that would be essential goods....
Pretty much empty of both...this is just stupid...and I'm of a mind that thinks this whole mess is WAY overrated!

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2020, 07:37:18 PM »
Pretty much empty of both...this is just stupid...and I?m of a mind that thinks this whole mess is WAY overrated!
Agreed
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2020, 08:16:28 PM »
We are one of the lucky essential services, in that we provide meat to retailers.

Last week we broke, or in the words of our president - SHATTERED, every company record - Gross sales, tonnage, margins, and profits.  It was unbelievable, and this week is starting out even stronger.  I know that when this is all over with we will go through a slump.  There is only so much food that people can eat, and their houses are packed with it.  I expect that food service will be very busy when everything lifts, and we have several customers in that area that have gone dormant.

Well, time to go back and clean off the desk to get ready for tomorrow.  Beyond our own trucks, that we are running about 50% more of, and all the loads being delivered, I booked 17 full loads today to be picked up at the packers and taken to customers.  Seventeen loads equals about 650,000 pounds of beef and pork.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk