Poll

What do you think of the Coronavirus outbreak in China?

A big deal for China.
0 (0%)
Not a big deal for China.
1 (7.1%)
Coming soon to a town you know.
2 (14.3%)
We won't have any problems in the US with it.
0 (0%)
Time to get prepared just in case.
2 (14.3%)
I am prepared for this Wuhan Chinese Flu.
6 (42.9%)
I am going to be ready if the US economy collapses in mid-April.
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 38423 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2020, 02:43:18 PM »
    Dihydrogen monoxide:

is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
        contributes to the "greenhouse effect".
        may cause severe burns.
        contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
        accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
        may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
        has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

as an industrial solvent and coolant.
        in nuclear power plants.
        in the production of styrofoam.
        as a fire retardant.
        in many forms of cruel animal research.
        in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
        as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2020, 12:39:52 AM »
    Dihydrogen monoxide:

is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
        contributes to the "greenhouse effect".
        may cause severe burns.
        contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
        accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
        may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
        has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

as an industrial solvent and coolant.
        in nuclear power plants.
        in the production of styrofoam.
        as a fire retardant.
        in many forms of cruel animal research.
        in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
        as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

I saw a video where someone started a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide, AKA DHMO, and a bunch of people were signing it. They didn't know what it was but it sounded really bad.

Drivers license renewals are sure different since COVID-19. I just got one with my new picture on it 10 days ago. I accidentally crossed my name out too when I crossed out my address and the license number, but that's really me.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2020, 03:27:53 PM »
Frank, it was Penn and Teller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi3erdgVVTw

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2020, 02:31:35 AM »
I saw that Penn & Teller show but I also saw a guy, a few people maybe, on YouTube collecting signatures on a petition like that. At least I thought I did. The whole Dihydrogen Monoxide parody started in a weekly newspaper in the city of Durand, MI 20 miles from here in 1983. I may have also seen a video of someone else collecting signatures at some point since then, which is what I still think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_parody
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: June 19, 2020, 02:50:30 AM »

Sponsor

« Reply #195 on: Today at 04:51:37 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2020, 07:47:55 AM »
And you wonder why I have no respect for these creatures ?

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2020, 10:14:43 AM »
I can remember when it was only smart kids who went to college.

BAC

« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2020, 12:30:29 PM »
I can remember when it was only smart kids who went to college.

Must have been a long time ago. Hell, I went to college!  Didn’t finish, but I went.

tombogan03884

« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2020, 12:37:57 PM »
Now the smart ones go to vocational school and only the stupid junior communists waste time and money on that crap.
BAC, You hid your age in your profile.
You're no fun   ;D

BAC

« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2020, 01:05:46 PM »
Now the smart ones go to vocational school and only the stupid junior communists waste time and money on that crap.
BAC, You hid your age in your profile.
You're no fun   ;D

I’m as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth.

I went to trade school in my late 40s, and I now have my journeyman papers and make more money now than ever before.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk