Poll

What do you think of the Coronavirus outbreak in China?

A big deal for China.
0 (0%)
Not a big deal for China.
1 (7.1%)
Coming soon to a town you know.
2 (14.3%)
We won't have any problems in the US with it.
0 (0%)
Time to get prepared just in case.
2 (14.3%)
I am prepared for this Wuhan Chinese Flu.
6 (42.9%)
I am going to be ready if the US economy collapses in mid-April.
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 38424 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2020, 02:12:19 PM »
Frank, it was Penn and Teller

Don't know if it was included in any of the posts here, but one of my favorite items is:

"Delivered by a hidden underground network of conduits to every chemical and biological weapons lab in the country."
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

BAC

« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2020, 05:43:32 PM »
The Coronavirus finally got around to me. I don’t have it, but I just got furloughed for 2 months from work because of it.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2020, 05:48:30 PM »
The Coronavirus finally got around to me. I don’t have it, but I just got furloughed for 2 months from work because of it.

What type of work do you do?

BAC

« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2020, 05:57:11 PM »
What type of work do you do?

CNC machinist. Medical products. Elective surgery medical products.  Elective surgery is off the menu right now.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2020, 07:16:45 PM »
I know quite a few medical personnel.  They are at half pay, benefits cut off, etc. because of the chinese communist bioweapon.

Yes.  I do think it was intentional planning....they may have released it a bit early or it mutated in ways they did not anticipate.  At first it was killing only ethnic minorities in China then it reached out and grabbed them all....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #205 on: Today at 04:54:31 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2020, 09:17:03 PM »
BAC, It doesn't matter whether it's medical devices, nuke components, or machining assholes in animal crackers.
Parts is parts.    ;D
I've never milled assholes in crackers, done the rest though.   

BAC

« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2020, 11:36:03 PM »
BAC, It doesn't matter whether it's medical devices, nuke components, or machining assholes in animal crackers.
Parts is parts.    ;D
I've never milled assholes in crackers, done the rest though.

I know. I’ve done some aerospace, defense, and tool and die stuff. I even helped make some components that went into a rail gun, but medical is where I live. Sucks being furloughed, but now I’ll have time to finish some projects and go out and take photos.

P.S.  I believe animal cracker assholes are made by plunge EDM.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2020, 08:24:58 AM »
CNC machinist. Medical products.....

You might want to look around at the aerospace machining market. Or any other machining market, such as automotive. As Tom said, parts is parts. And it all pays. It's better than taking 2 months off.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2020, 10:38:23 AM »
Yeah, lots of bone docs doing nothing right now.  Sadly, the misses is not one of them. She is working her normal shifts, which are thankfull back on days now.  That being said, its almost impossible  to see her at work now.

The entire thing is over blown.  I bet on nov 4th it will all change.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

BAC

« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2020, 10:43:06 AM »
Just filed for unemployment.  Had hoped I'd never have to do that again.  At least I got in on the last week and a half of the extra $600 weekly corona money.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk