Author Topic: Remington xp100  (Read 4462 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Remington xp100
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 08:04:52 AM »
That seems like a lot of power for a hand gun.  For what i need, it just have to be able to reach out and kill a coyote at a couple hundred yards.   Does not take too much to do that.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2020, 07:55:44 AM »
Then the original 221 Fireball (222 parent case) will do it for you.  I really like it...mild recoil.  It clocks about 2950 fps with the 45 grain load in the pistol...and picks up 250 FPS in a rifle.  Larry Potterfield really likes it in the rifle....I've been looking offhand for a Remington 700 in good shape at a reasonable price and haven't found one I like. 

I also like it for being the parent case of the 17 Fireball which I do have in a Rem 700. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 08:40:31 PM »
There were a half-dozen others at Gun Broker. This one has the lowest current bid at $632. You have until 10:30 pm April 6th to beat that. You better hurry if you want this one. Or search for Remington XP-100 .221 Fireball and see what comes up.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863422985

OVER ALL EXCELLENT CONDITION REMINGTON MODEL XP-100 IN 221 REM FIREBALL SINGLE SHOT BOLT ACTION PISTOL. SER#75037XX. 10 3/4" BBL, RIFLE TYPE SIGHTS AND ADDED WEAVER SCOPE BASE. BORE AND CHAMBER EXCELLENT, ALL ORIGINAL AND ORIGINAL FINISHES

""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2020, 09:21:18 PM »
I kind of put my gun buying on hold.  The local gunstores are empty and still full of people

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2020, 10:49:21 PM »
They should have thought about buying guns and ammo when they were buying toilet paper by the pallet full. A guy working at the grocery store told me some guy bought an incredible amount of toilet paper. I think he said 15 pallets full, or something like that. Then he died before he could use any of it. That was one of several days I went in and all of the T.P. shelves were empty. Remember, guns and T.P. will get you through hard times better than T.P. alone. <-- I should trademark that. :)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:02:51 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2020, 07:15:32 AM »
They should have thought about buying guns and ammo when they were buying toilet paper by the pallet full.  Remember, guns and T.P. will get you through hard times better than T.P. alone. <-- I should trademark that. :)

You have been sequestered in the basement too long!  Get outside, breath in some fresh air, and let the sun shine on your pointy little head.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2020, 01:04:41 AM »
You have been sequestered in the basement too long!  Get outside, breath in some fresh air, and let the sun shine on your pointy little head.

Pointy little head? My head is shaped like a gable roof. A big one. :( I breathed some fresh air once. My reaction was like W.C. Fields the day he drank a glass of water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhQMT9jDofc

When I get rid of my cough I might go out more, but for now I think I should stay in when I can. I have to go to the grocery store and drug store in a couple of days, but I'll be wearing an N95 respirator that's been in the basement for years. I didn't stockpile any, but sometimes I wear them when I'm sanding or spray painting and had a few.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2020, 09:30:28 PM »
Frank, you are dating yourself with the whole WC Fields thing....next thing you know you'll be talking about Jimmy Durant.

Tab...have you zeroed in on an XP-100 yet? 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2020, 11:38:23 PM »
Frank, you are dating yourself with the whole WC Fields thing....next thing you know you'll be talking about Jimmy Durant.

didnt win the auction and kind of put it on hold.  Had several  other things  pop up in my life.  All good.    Just going ro keep me busy for the next year  or so.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2020, 02:22:32 PM »

Jimmy Durante. He lived until 1980 and was still performing until 11 years after the XP-100 was designed. I have comedy records, cassettes, and CDs of stuff from here and there during the last 100 years, but mostly from the 1980s until now. And thanks to Dr. Demento and a couple of other guys I've heard a lot of novelty songs and other things I otherwise wouldn't have too. Some are laugh out loud funny, and some just leave me scratching my head wondering why? Why did Mae West sing Twist and Shout on an album that came out 3 years after the Beatles' Please Please Me album came out? It's on YouTube if you're brave enough to listen to it. She also died in 1980. I have other interests besides guns, but this is the only forum I'm on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk