Author Topic: Rimfire Challenge  (Read 8342 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Re: Rimfire Challenge
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2020, 08:03:24 AM »
Zero in on which sight you are going to get?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2020, 10:06:54 AM »
Zero in on which sight you are going to get?

I have gone on MidwayUSA and put the picatny rails (The Mark III came with Weaver) and both the Venom 6 moa, and Burris Fast Fire 8 moa on the wish list.

I need to pick one.  They both come very highly recommended.  I have several Burris products, and their company service is great, so I always look at them when possible.  I went the larger dot, because that is what is recommended by several Rimfire and Steel Challenge shooters.  At longer range they recommend the 3 moa dots, but the large dot is an advantage in these large plate short distance games, and I'm not going to go out very far with a 22.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2020, 10:14:37 AM »
I wish that place was still there.  I enjoyed it....Phil Strader turned me on to it. 

Do you know where Phil is these days?

Now you did it!  One of my quirks is when someone asks about something, I can't drop it.  I go into full search mode.

Phil is still active on Facebook. 

His personal page is still active and shows that he is still living in New Hampshire and working at Sig Sauer.  Articles from a year ago talk about management in product development area.  A search of Sig's website does not include him on their shooting team.

His professional, shooting and instruction, page has not had any activity since the beginning of November last year.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2020, 11:30:14 AM »
Now you did it!  One of my quirks is when someone asks about something, I can't drop it.  I go into full search mode.
<snip>

Heh, heh, heh....now you've gone and done it.  We have your kryptonite now.....heh, heh, heh.  Expect to be deluged with requests.....

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2020, 07:48:55 AM »
Here's Michael's podcast about last year's Rimfire Challenge which was held at Ft. Smith, Arkansas, last year.

https://www.michaelbane.tv/down-range-radio-645-2019-rimfire-challenge-world-championship/43576/

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:07:22 AM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2020, 07:06:32 AM »
So Mike you're killing me with this plan of yours to shoot at the challenge.  You are going to cost me some serious $$$$'s. 

First, I need some new kit for the Buckmark.  I was looking at Tandemkros and they have some nice stuff....which will cost me $$$'s.  And since I need practice I need to get the kit in place here pretty quick to practice with it. 

Since you have caused me to shoot this thing....what if my Buckmark fails (doubtful...but still) ?  Well heck I need a backup.  Which means I probably need to buy another pistol...a new Ruger (I think they are more reliable than the Browning anyway).  And if I buy a new pistol then I need more kit.

Do you see the spiral?  Do you understand now the misery to the wallet you have caused?  Shame on you.

Then there is the rifle thing.  Same thing there....another 10/22 needed with kit....Yer' killin' me dude.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk