Author Topic: Relief From Coronavirus Cabin Fever  (Read 2384 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Re: Relief From Coronavirus Cabin Fever
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2020, 07:55:10 AM »
So Les....getting ready for that Rimfire Challenge in For Smith? 

;D

Also...I am trying to goad whoever else I can into going...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2020, 11:51:08 AM »
Rastus... no, don't think so... I just don't have the enthusiasm for shooting big matches as I once did... I shoot a USPSA PCC match the first Sunday, and a Steel Challenge match the 3rd Saturday... shoot some practice at an new indoor range Tuesday , and outdoor on Wed where I can draw from holster.... just about everything is .22 however... good luck at the match

just put a folding stock adapter for the Charger... kind of an on going proof of concept

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2020, 01:37:18 AM »
When my M-I-L went into assisted living my wife started giving adult coloring books to her.  It was a good experience, and when my wife's issues progressed to limit her abilities, she got them for herself.  Great activity to fill the hours, and keep the mind active.  Cheaper than reloading 10,000 12ga trap rounds a week.

Not many adults will admit to doing coloring books but they will keep you occupied for awhile. Plus you don't have to read them, and you can draw outside the lines all you want, in any color, with no one criticizing you. If my arthritis gets much worse I'll get some coloring books for physical and mental therapy. Before my mom's dementia got real bad, she was doing word jumbles and crossword puzzles in the newspaper, and word search books. When she wasn't reading the paper she had a bunch of paperback books to read. Someone gave them all to her. I downloaded some word searches and about two dozen other free games from Microsoft Store, but ended up uninstalling everything while tech support tried to figure out what was wrong with my computer remotely.

When I was looking at stuff at Kellogg's Family Rewards the other day I found something they goofed up. I was going to tell them about it so they could fix it, but I'm posting it here before they do. There are so many movies I want to watch that I would have to quit eating and sleeping to find the time for them. I waste so much time online by getting distracted by other links. If anyone has the time, you can read some COVID-19 memes, Tweets, and jokes while you're in lock-down mode. Here's one of many places you could start.

https://me.me/news/35606
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk