Author Topic: New hunting rifle.  (Read 2445 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: New hunting rifle.
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 05:39:46 AM »
Dang, I should've thought about the Custom Shop....that's probably the right way to go if you like 700's.

Tab, how about a Sako 85?  Wood stock and available with or without iron sights.  My best shooter is a Sako Finnbear Sporter in 270...groups inside a dime at 100 yards every time.

They come in around $2k so with a really nice scope and tax you get in under $5k with a nice rifle. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2020, 01:27:00 AM »
Can anyone else tell that Mr. Bane turned 70?  His eyes have changed, and we all get to enjoy the Large Print Edition  ;D

;D  I wasn't going to say anything but it was hard not to notice the "read it from across the room" font size. Everything stops working right when you get old. One time I said to my dad that the eyes were the first thing to go. He said no, that's not the first thing. :o His blood vessels were clogged up from high cholesterol, all of his blood vessels, and I didn't have to ask what he meant.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 11:20:40 AM »
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/860622266

How much would it cost to have the fiber optic site replaced?

I dont like them and have seen them fall out.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 12:58:02 PM »
Aw heck....not much.  Chunk change if you do it yourself...unless you want a diamond on a gold post....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 01:14:19 PM »
Gold, how low brow, it has to be at least plat.  Rhodium or irdium preferred.   Its soldiered  into place.  I dont have the tools needed currently to replace it.  If i had the house built, and a proper shop i would.    As is now spent most of the morning on the phone consulting.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:45:12 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 02:36:52 PM »
How about a nice Browning X-Bolt White Gold Medallion? I have 3 of the A-Bolt Medallion grades. .22 LR, .30-06, and .375 H&H. All are good looking tack drivers. All in high gloss Walnut.

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 02:41:28 PM »
 >:(    Wrote a half page post and #$^&*&#!@ lost it.   ;D

Any way, the diamond bead might be nice for low light  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk