Author Topic: Where do you buy your clothes?...  (Read 2118 times)

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Where do you buy your clothes?...
« on: April 12, 2020, 12:29:35 PM »
Where do you buy your shirts and jeans?
A little background, (as to not waste the effort).
I used to shop at Cabelas, till Bass Pro took over and ruined/got rid of the shirts and jeans I used to buy.
They suck now.
Before that, it was LL Bean, till they went yuppie.
30 years ago, one could find good quality canvas shirts and denim (with pockets that held more than keys) for a reasonable price.
A decent pair of 5 pocket jeans, even without wide, deep pockets runs a hundred dollar bill. I'm not doing that.
Assuming that I still have to spend $35 to get proper pockets I need put in, where do I find jeans in the $30-40 dollar range?
Caveat...
As I become older, I become more well-rounded. Viewed from above, I'm about a perfect circle now.
I need a 48 waist...
Any thoughts?
---
Still in Kennesaw. Still alive. Fat and happy enough.
Don't get to shoot much these days.
Trump won me over, to my pleasant surprise, despite his somewhat less than perfect record on the 2A.
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: Where do you buy your clothes?...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 12:34:51 PM »
I hear you on the Bass Pro debacle.  I purchase some clothing from Duluth Trading, and then fleet stores.  Once I find something I like, I just keep repeating, until it gets discontinued.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 12:54:31 PM »
Yes, BassPro changed things.  I swung by the Sydney, Nebraska, "original" not too long ago.  It felt a lot like Basspro but it did have echo's of something in the past.

I buy at Wal Mart and Dillards...generally.  After thinking about it a bit, I do buy a few shirts from BassPro and short pants.  If we swing by an outlet mall then there too.

PS  Good to see you back on the board!
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

Where do you buy your clothes?...
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 12:58:33 PM »
Carhartt shirts, Wrangler jeans, the old style cowboy cut with the W on the pocket.  $43 on Amazon.

Since I get a decent discount through work, I do have a few Redhead jeans as well but they are not great.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 01:02:05 PM »
I won't by Levis and I won't buy Wranglers, but I can still get a decent jean at Tractor Supply.  Dickies makes some decent sirts in limited colors.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:09:29 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 01:08:52 PM »
Tractor Supply is great for jeans and work pants. Their store brand Schmidt, has good work jeans and canvas pants. They also carry Carhartt and their cheap line Blue Mountain is good pants too. Sometimes you can get the Blue Mountain can be bought for $9 per pair and they last a long time.
They have good deals on Carhartt tee shirts also.

I buy a lot of shirts from Academy Sports also. Their Magellan store brand is as good as Columbia for half the price.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 02:10:27 PM »
I buy Wranglers from Walmart for around $20.00 a pair. For shirts,I go to Kohl's and look in the discounted rack, I have bought some very nice shirts for $8.00 that were $80.00 originally. The longer they're on the rack the deeper the discount. 
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 02:13:26 PM »
I buy my work carpenter pants from amazon.  I found the wranglers  fit well and last long enough. No where near as good as my carharts, but for 1/3- 1/2 the cost i dont mind.

I like dickeys too, but give i am tall and slinky, i have to order them with a $500 min order as no one ever stocks the double knee versions( my right knee is always the 1st to go)   which is a lot of pants,
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 10:49:31 AM »
I'll check kingsize.com when I get some time.
Thank you!
I ordered a couple of Carhartt shirts from Midway with my birthday (today!) discount a couple of days ago. We'll see.
Duluth Trading opened a store here last fall. Found a pair of jeans that I like but it was nigh on $100!!!
I just can't bring myself to do that.
Tractor Supply is opening a store a half a mile from me but it's just a red clay lot right now.
I'm looking forward to that, just for GP!
Every time the bottom falls out of "where I shop", it takes forever to find a new one..
I appreciate the input, guys! Any more thoughts are eagerly anticipated.
Thank you!
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk