Author Topic: Preparing to move the forum to MichaelBane.tv  (Read 18230 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: Preparing to move the forum to MichaelBane.tv
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2020, 09:31:48 PM »
Mike, that could be tragic...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2020, 08:19:40 AM »
DRTV and MB.TV are on the same platform. Numerous sites all pro gun related have been a victim of this. It happens from time to time. What is rare is that this attacks happened twice in a  week.

Security Engineers are looking at it to see if we can somehow stop it before it happens. Normally these type of attacks happen to bigger corporations where the intent is to prevent regular traffic to get access. Unfortunately small businesses like our don't have the juice to pay high cost security measurements.

What they attach is either domain names or IP # related to the domains. Down Range TV was also attacked twice this week, so no matter where we move the platform the bastards will follow us until they get tired and move on to other victims.

May I ask is it a Denial of service attack. Trying to hit the site with so much traffic it can't function?
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2020, 10:01:53 AM »
I've been gone for way too long.  Hope I'm welcome still. Looks like I checked back in just in time.  I've got lots of ketching up to do, but where to start.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2020, 11:30:43 AM »
I've been gone for way too long.  Hope I'm welcome still. Looks like I checked back in just in time.  I've got lots of ketching up to do, but where to start.

If you remember the secret handshake you are fine.  If you don't remember the secret handshake, but have the gift of sarcasm - Even better!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2020, 12:01:13 PM »
He didn't.

He has been causing trouble around the house lately.  Translate:  Irritating M'ette.  She changed it as a warning of things to come.

;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :)
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 08:02:34 AM »

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2020, 12:58:30 PM »
If you remember the secret handshake you are fine.  If you don't remember the secret handshake, but have the gift of sarcasm - Even better!

Left hand or right?
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2020, 06:55:55 PM »
Left hand or right?

There you go.  You passed!

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2020, 09:12:54 PM »
Hey Wolfe, Welcome back.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2020, 10:55:24 PM »

There you go.  You passed!

Probably shouldn't be shaking hands these days anyway, or using deadly gas pumps per our governor.

Hey Wolfe, Welcome back.

Thanks Majer.

Realized I haven't posted in well over 2 years.  Was werking a lot at that time and it got worse.  I was glad I was werking, but became the de facto stupidvisor and stupidintendent by default when the previous occupier of that position was vacated rather abruptly.  I was the only one there with the level of professional certification qualified by state regulators to be recognized legally as "operator in charge".  Required 60+ hours a week and married to my cell phone 24/7/365.  We were shorthanded requiring me to operate a shift in addition to the administrative responsibilities.  The organization had previously decided to eliminate the maintenance position, so had to deal with maintenance issues also.  The plant was new and came online in 2011 with much of the equipment reaching the end of its life cycle about the time I took the reins.  Lots of stuff breaking down. The organization was unable to find and hire a replacement superintendent.  After 19 months I had enough of the stress and long days giving my notice of retirement.  Very thankful I'm not dealing with all those troubles given the current situation.

Since then I've dumped my cell phone mistress that was tethered to me 24/7/365.  Don't miss that constant witch.  I also become a grandfather a couple more times.  I've done a whole lot of nothing since retiring.  It took me about 6 months just to unwind and start to feel like I had a life when about that time the corona thing hit.  Turning into a hermit and starting to look like Rip Van Winkle.

Hope that all are safe and healthy.

Wolfe

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2020, 09:33:01 AM »
Deadly gas pumps?  You must be in Michigan....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk