Author Topic: Preparing to move the forum to MichaelBane.tv  (Read 18297 times)

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Preparing to move the forum to MichaelBane.tv
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2020, 10:34:36 AM »
Deadly gas pumps?  You must be in Michigan....

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

Don't get me wrong, I believe we need to take this pandemic seriously, but many of executive orders seem arbitrary and don't make much sense to this ole geezer.  She said it was safer to buy lottery tickets than it is to buy garden seeds.  You can go to a dispensary and buy recreational pot, but you can't buy paint at some stores, but you can at other stores.  You can canoe, kayak, or go out in a sailboat, but you can't go fishing in your 12 foot motor boat.  You can mow your own lawn, but if you own a rental property, you can't mow that property.  In my opinion she has not communicated well in the why of her decisions other than a general "its not safe" statement.  Current stay home orders expire May 1st and I think that no mater what revisions she announces then if any, she will have greater decent and possible rebellion.   
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2020, 10:40:01 AM »
May I ask is it a Denial of service attack. Trying to hit the site with so much traffic it can't function?

Correct. It has increased over the last 3 weeks and we're now moving all of our domains behind a different firewall to see if we can get a better control over this. It is a slow process since we also have to move all the files to a different location while cross checking that all functions are working throughout the transition.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2020, 02:46:55 PM »
Hi, Wolfe. It's been a long time. You're always welcome back, but if you don't start posting at least once a year, you might get your Ranger status revoked. ;) And you can just ignore that crazy witch of a governor. I mostly do. I've probably read 1-5% of what she's written and listened to 0% of what she's said. And I found out a few days ago that our mayor put the whole city under curfew at some point, I don't know when. I think everyone is supposed to stay off the streets from 9:00 pm until who the f*** knows when in the morning. Maybe he thinks the virus only comes out at night like a vampire. The experts say it comes from bats, you know.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2020, 04:41:32 PM »

Forum activity seems to be picking up, which is good.

Some have asked offline when the final move will happen. As of now I would guess...... some time in May. We're also moving everything behind a new firewall which has to happen first.

In the meantime we will continue to streamline the forum, making it more compact and prepped for a new environment.

One thing you will notice from today is that you no longer receive the content of new replies in your email notifications. It is part of the process of making the forum faster.

Thanks again for not giving up on us.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2020, 04:53:01 PM »
Aye matey, we're in for the long haul. Thanks for all you do Marshal.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 07:50:14 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2020, 06:57:36 PM »
As others have said, welcome back blackwolfe...great to have you posting again!
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2020, 11:04:15 PM »
Hey Frank and Peg, thanks for the welcome back.  I've made several post now, so Ranger status should be protected for 3 or 4 years now. ::)

Thanks for your forum work Marshal.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2020, 10:32:53 AM »
Aye matey, we're in for the long haul. Thanks for all you do Marshal.

What the straight dude said!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2020, 12:12:10 PM »
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2020, 12:06:03 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk