Author Topic: House plans  (Read 11700 times)

tombogan03884

Re: House plans
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2020, 04:29:25 PM »
That's why old guns are known by their year of introduction.
The companies didn't need to name them until they weren't the "New Model" any more. 
Browning's service pistol never got a specific name. Some call it the 1914, others call it the Hafdasa, or Ballister.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2020, 05:24:49 PM »
With volvo excavators  they name them by the ~ wieght .  The 210 is 20.5-22.5 tons based on options. ( yes i have owned a few of them before)    the cost  to have it shipped is just under 3/ mile
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2020, 05:27:06 PM »
With volvo excavators  they name them by the ~ wieght .  The 210 is 20.5-22.5 tons based on options. ( yes i have owned a few of them before)    the cost  to have it shipped is just under 3/ mile

Thank you COVID-19!!!  Freight rates are half what they were six weeks ago.  How far are they bringing it?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2020, 05:53:01 PM »
Thank you COVID-19!!!  Freight rates are half what they were six weeks ago.  How far are they bringing it?
1300 miles.  People are hungry thats for sure.   The fact that they could pick it up in less than a week is also pretty telling.   It is just oversized, not a wide load which cuts cost a bunch.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2020, 07:38:10 PM »
Just ordered a 44x68 building today.   The rather odd sizing is do to it being an order that fell thru, so they are just going to make some modifications  to it and it wilm be slightly  cheaper then the 40x60 i was planing on

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 07:40:43 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2020, 08:18:34 AM »
Extra square footage is never a bad plan.

When we built we grew the footprint twice:  One time it expanded slightly, because we were designing from the inside out and needed space for a couple items; The second time it was a realization that by adding two feet in length and two feet in width eliminated a lot of waste in the framing and weathering in stages. 

We were never sorry we expanded the size, and it was a benefit when we sold.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2020, 08:30:34 AM »
Yes, but it does mean an extra truck of concrete and a bunch of rebar.  It does mean the foundation will be about $2500 more in materials.  Which for me is a none issue.  If i was not doing the work myself that would be an extra 5k on too the foundation.  An extra 5k early on in a project is huge.  Changes orders are always happen and they can easily break the bank.   

I am sitting down today to draw up some rough floor plans, for both stick and icf. Will post after i get them done.  Funny thung my phone still rings 20 times+ a day

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2020, 11:25:38 AM »
I know you understand this TAB, and so do some of the others, but I state these things from experience for the benefit of those who have not been through it.

When you enter a project like this you always add 20% to the initial, and still plan for some overruns.  As the Bible says, do not start the project if you cannot afford it in time, money, or other resources.

Also, there is never a time when it will be cheaper to do the extra or make it right than before the building project, or early into the project.  Examples include full basement vs. partial or only crawl space.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2020, 11:32:02 AM »
At least 50% is better.  Unless your a single straight male, then you dont make changes.  If you have a wife  that has a hard time making up her mind 100% if you have a keep up with the jones wife, 800 or better fico score. ;D

My budget for the barn is 100k.  I am on target for that right now, but i am doing most of it myself. If hiring it all out you could easily at 100k to the cost.  I am only hiring out the concrete finishing( hiring a crew) and the frame erection as it takes a crane and is not something 1 person can do.  I will be doing everything else.  I will have a pro electrician  do the final hook up as it is required and i have zero desire to pull a licsense.( i know i would work if i did that) 

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2020, 01:17:46 PM »
Its here!  All i need now is new teeth and the fuel truck to get here, both  are coming tomorrow.  Then its time to start  digging.

I have a surveyor  coming friday to set grade markers and the corners so i can start grading for the foundation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk