Author Topic: Signs of spring...  (Read 3531 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Signs of spring...
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2020, 09:34:23 AM »
Alf. I already made the list and I'm not planning to go any where.   ;D
Several of my friends go to Fl though so I can appear to see all and know enough, if not all.   ;D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2020, 12:40:17 PM »
Good to hear.   We go in the off season, Dec-Mar, so getting into Sliders is easy.  We also go to The Surf some.   I'll make a list of your places and we'll give them a try.

The wife likes to go so she can walk the beach and hunt for shark teeth. She found over 300 last week. The grand-kids like it too. I took her, one of our d-i-ls, and the two granddaughters for a day back in February. I told them they would freeze at the beach, even though the temp was supposed to be in the mid 60's and sunny. They said it would be just right for walking the beach, so I said OK. They didn't understand the whole 20 mph wind coming off the water thing isn't as pleasant in the 60's as it is in the 90's and by 2:00 their teeth were chattering and they were ready to ride.  ;D

We normally go twice a year for a week each time, one at the beginning of the summer and one at the end. We can stay six nights at the fort campground for $182. I get 10 mpg towing and it's 160 miles from my house to the campground so the cost for fuel depends on gas prices (it was nice this year at $1.80 per gallon average).
We started out going, just the wife and me, in a pop-up camper. Now we have a 30' travel trailer and are looking to downsize again because both the sons have campers of their own. It went from just the two of us to a full-blown family affair. Both sons, my b-i-l and his wife go on one of the trips as well as his half sister and her husband. One big happy family!!  8)

We went our normal time last week, but pushed forward the second trip this year because the last four years in September we've either had the trip cut short or completely cancelled (like last year) due to hurricanes or the threat of hurricanes.
When Irma came through in 2017, we were at the Fort campground and had clear sunny weather. That Thursday morning one of the rangers knocked on the camper door and informed us that all campers had to be out by 3:00 PM because the island was being evacuated of non-residents ahead of Irma's predicted eastern seaboard path. So, we packed up and went home....and 24 hours later the path of Irma changed and went up the gulf coast and by Saturday came straight across south GA with the center of the storm about thirty miles from us (Michael did the same the next year).

The things we do to keep peace in the home.  :D  :D  ;)  8)

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2020, 02:55:07 PM »
300 teeth in one week ?
Jeez, your sharks must all look like meth heads   ;D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2020, 08:48:31 PM »
300 teeth in one week ?
Jeez, your sharks must all look like meth heads   ;D

;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2020, 09:52:54 PM »
Yes, like that    ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:03:29 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2020, 06:49:43 PM »
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2020, 07:32:05 PM »
Maybe the first sign of spring in Michigan is actually when the annual ORV stickers expire on May 31st. New stickers in a different color come out April 1st. I need to put 2 of them on my ATV, then I'll be all set until next spring. It was only in the 70s today which was really nice. I just turned off the A/C for awhile but still have a fan blowing on me. Tomorrow it's going to be a high in the mid-60s, just for one day, then 70s, 80s, and back into the 90's again next week.

Whatever the 2 plants were that I thought were purple coneflowers shriveled up and died. The only thing left in the corner that had the most tulips is a bunch of something with little white flowers. I think it's yarrow. I remember my ex planting some of that in front of the porch. She told the neighbor kid who was helping out with the garden that it turns yellow if you dry it out. I turned to him and rapped like a gansta, it's a plant called yarrow, it isn't very narrow, it's really kind of wide, and it's yellow when it's dried. He and my ex both laughed out loud at that. I couldn't see those other flowers anymore that were growing among the tulips. All I could see was a row of grass and weeds about knee high so I mowed it down yesterday. My rose bush has been putting out lots of flowers every day for almost 2 weeks and it's still going. That yarrow or whatever it is is the only thing left in front of the porch except whatever is in the little corner on the other side of the steps. I'll look again in a few days to see if anything that looks like flowers are growing there. If not I'll mow that too. The lilies aren't in bloom yet but I mow those down in the fall too, and the only thing left standing is the rose bushes. I think I'll cut them down to about knee high this fall. I didn't cut them back last year or the year before, probably not for a few years.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk