Author Topic: Who's Good At Math ?  (Read 6147 times)

Timothy

Re: Who's Good At Math ?
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 11:30:27 AM »
Manufacturing other folks stuff, a good portion for Europe and Asian markets forces one to work in both systems.  Like a second language it becomes quite natural.  Being out of it a year now, it becomes more of a chore.

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2020, 04:44:08 PM »
You retired now Tim ?
I can work with metric, or I can work with English .
One of the companies I worked for in CA did prototypes for UC Davis, X axis dimensions were inch Y axis were in metric.
The words fail me. English just doesn't have words filthy enough for some things   >:(
But I made do    ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2020, 06:58:19 PM »
I delt with uc d a lot... lets just say if you dont have any thing nice to say, dont say anything at all
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2020, 01:14:15 AM »
You retired now Tim ?
I can work with metric, or I can work with English .
One of the companies I worked for in CA did prototypes for UC Davis, X axis dimensions were inch Y axis were in metric.
The words fail me. English just doesn't have words filthy enough for some things   >:(
But I made do    ;D

More or less!

I sell guns now!

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2020, 08:05:44 AM »
Did you move ?

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 08:52:42 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2020, 11:09:32 AM »
Several times.  Shop closed, left us owed $300k in unpaid salary, $6k for me!

Decided I was done dealing with over educated asshat managers, applied for cheap Veteran/Ol folks housing and got right in! 

When the economy opens back up, I’ll be back at the gun counter at our local Cabela’s.  I’m high risk so I’m collecting unemployment with the additional $600 from Uncle Sam!

I’m filling up my mattress for a rainy day! 

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2020, 11:52:54 AM »

When the economy opens back up, I’ll be back at the gun counter at our local Cabela’s.  I’m high risk so I’m collecting unemployment with the additional $600 from Uncle Sam!

I’m filling up my mattress for a rainy day! 

Wouldn't do me any good, I'd be to likely to take it in store credit  ;D

Timothy

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2020, 12:33:58 PM »
Our discount is the only 7% on firearms and ammo...since Bass Pro took over the place has gone downhill...

tombogan03884

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2020, 04:35:49 PM »
Our discount is the only 7% on firearms and ammo...since Bass Pro took over the place has gone downhill...

That was one thing about Thompson Center. The pay sucked, but employee discount was 50% on anything they made I forget what is was on other branded stuff but it was less.
Great insurance too, my first heart attack only cost me $100 out of pocket on a $65,000 bill.

BAC

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2020, 07:59:19 PM »
My wife works at the shop that used to house Cabot Guns. When she first started there they had a ridiculously cheap employee purchase price on them. Unfortunately we couldn’t afford one at the time.  Now they’re made over in Indiana and that ship has sailed. Oh well, at least I got a Cabot t-shirt.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk