Author Topic: American made.  (Read 9721 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: American made.
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2020, 10:32:27 PM »
Your kind can never do better than not being employed .
You're never out of work.
On the other hand you have good reason to get out of bed every morning.
They say "purpose" increases life span.   ;D
  i thought that was taking a shower with the misses
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2020, 01:07:48 PM »
So product is not even out yet,

Given samples out too 6 youtube/ instagram/ industry leaders.  Of which 3 have put it out on soical media.  The run sold out in a week of the 1st post...some one found an almost exact copy on alibaba this morning for 1/2 the price.   Mine wont even ship for at least another 2 weeks.  Still waiting on one component...

I was sure it was going to happen, i just thought it would take a few weeks after i released them.  Nope they stole the design( which  is pretty simple)  from a dozen or so pics and a less than 25 mins of video. 

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2020, 04:44:18 PM »
So let's come up with something American made and leak it that will tie them up in knots and leave them with something they can't sell....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2020, 06:19:44 PM »
So let's come up with something American made and leak it that will tie them up in knots and leave them with something they can't sell....

I would love to do that, sadly the industries  where i k ow enough about the market to develop  products for dont like high priced items.  Even if they are high qaulity and far superior  to what else is on the market.   Many years ago i tried in this same hobby that these products are for.  I even had endorsments by basicly every single high profile person in said hobby( and trust me getting then all to agree on a product is harder then getting truck guys to agrer on ford chevy or dodgr)   yet i could not sell them for mu cost to build plus ship.  At that time is was $25.  Which was nothing considering  that at that time a co2 injection system was $400-600.    I cut every thing cut on a cnc router.  They twist lock coulpers i desinged and gave away cad files too are used industry wide now with almost zero changes.     In the end i made 25 of them as that was thr minimum  order size i needed to get tue cast acrylic tube in the size and thickness i wanted.

I sold about 10, a dozen or so away. Still have 3.

tombogan03884

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2020, 09:50:33 PM »
Wow, I never knew any one counterfeited by the Chinese .  ;D
Sort of a compliment, I think .   ;D

If it makes you feel any better, my Dad machine gunned a shitload of them in Korea.
Is that paying it forward ?   ;D

The old Fart got his own chapter.

https://www.amazon.com/Gunners-Glory-Untold-Stories-Machine/dp/0345463897/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_1?dchild=1&keywords=Johnny+Clark+Gunners+glory&qid=1596077613&sr=8-1-fkmr3

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 08:45:26 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2020, 05:25:52 PM »
Wow, I never knew any one counterfeited by the Chinese .  ;D
Sort of a compliment, I think .   ;D

I know a guy back in SW MN who has many interests and skills.  He has an old style shoe shop, and does repair.  He is a person that is always thinking about how to make things better.  He is a SCUBA diver and was always irritated by the way the buckles on the gear would snag weeds.  He went to work and developed a buckle system that was easier to operate, and it didn't snag weeds.  He was showing it to me and explaining everything, and then he told me that within one year of release the Chinese had stolen the design, and he was out.  However, he made several thousand off it before they took over.

Every couple years he releases something new, and he makes a fair amount on everyone of them.  After his first experience he learned to not waste the time and money on patents, because they mean nothing to the foreign manufacturers.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2020, 07:02:42 PM »
Pretty much nailed it.

tombogan03884

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2020, 08:59:02 PM »
because they mean nothing to the foreign manufacturers.

The name Eibar ring any bells ?   ;D

At least twice a normal year, Memorial Day when the beaches are opening, and mid June, during Bike week, there are always 1 or 2 Asian's arrested for selling counterfeit stuff.  A lot of Harley, and NASCAR stuff.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2020, 12:35:51 PM »
I got tracking info on the plastic bits this morning.  Should be here friday... ofc its the day i am flying out of town for my grandmothers  90th bday.

Timothy

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2020, 05:11:10 PM »
The name Eibar ring any bells ?   ;D

At least twice a normal year, Memorial Day when the beaches are opening, and mid June, during Bike week, there are always 1 or 2 Asian's arrested for selling counterfeit stuff.  A lot of Harley, and NASCAR stuff.

There is a good bit of Harley Davidson that is manufactured in East and SE Asia.  They ain’t 100%.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk