Author Topic: The US Postal Service STILL Sucks!  (Read 3402 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
The US Postal Service STILL Sucks!
« on: May 31, 2020, 08:02:24 PM »
I have to get my maintenance drugs by mail or pay the drug store the same amount for 30 days' pills that I get 90 days' pills for. DHL ships them to USPS in Ohio. From there they come to the Flint post office, usually early enough in the morning to be delivered the same day. But this time DHL got the package in Ohio on Saturday the 23nd and hung onto it for the 3 day weekend. They shipped it Tuesday, but for some reason the post office here sent it to the Detroit Distribution Center. They got it Wednesday, and instead of sending it back they sent it to the Network Distribution Center. It took 3 days to make the 10-15 minute drive between facilities. It finally shipped from there today, presumably back to the Flint post office where it was Wednesday morning, but all Informed Delivery can tell me is Delivery Date Unknown. They won't even give me an estimated delivery date, but another package that also left the Detroit Distribution Center yesterday is expected to be here June 2nd. So, on Tuesday I may get the pills that should have been here last week, but only after I've been out of then for about 5 days. And I'm supposed to take them every day. When I try to get a prescription filled early, my doctor calls it in, I go online and order it, and they tell me it's too soon. I should have tried earlier even if they wouldn't ship it when I ordered it. But it shouldn't take a week to travel the last 3 miles, and I wouldn't have run out of pills if they didn't send my package to Detroit instead of putting it in my mailbox. >:( Idiots.

DHL on the left, USPS on the right.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

Re: The US Postal Service STILL Sucks!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 10:59:00 AM »
I hear you Frank.
I'm no fan of any of those SOB's
The only redeeming qualities of FedEx, or UPS is that even if it's not something you want, you thought it was when you ordered it. They don't bring bills or junk mail.
USPS can't even claim that.
The only good thing is they are open 5 or 6 hours a day instead of the 1 hour/ day of the other 2.
And they all treat packages like Pinata.
But it seems they all have been more messed up  since this crap started, Pistols ship 2nd day air,  I've dealt with shipping 2 and both took over a week.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 10:09:33 PM »
My pills finally got here on the 1st. The other package that left the Detroit Distribution Center on the 30th with it and was expected to be here June 2nd didn't get here until June 9th. It took a week and a half to get from Detroit to Flint, a distance I can drive in just over an hour. I REALLY hate USPS, but the 2 packages I shipped from here made it to their destinations without incident, other than sitting in one place for a few days before moving on. Sometimes I can ship smaller things from the post office cheaper than UPS. But this other package was part of an order I placed online. On May 27th FedEx shipped everything except one item to the post office here, and they delivered it May 29th. USPS delivered the one single item all by themselves and it got here June 9th. I got 2 week delivery by USPS only, and 2 day delivery the other way. Is it any wonder I hate USPS? Last summer when I went away for a couple of weeks I put my mail on hold. They still delivered one letter one day and another letter another day. They lost everything else that came during the 19 days they held my mail. Yeah, I still hate USPS. If we displayed that level of incompetence on the job most of us would be fired on the spot.

I only shipped one thing by FedEx and that's because it was the way the place I sent it wanted me to. Everything FedEx delivers to me comes straight from Saginaw, 35 miles or so north of me, but they have a place 5 miles from my house. I'd rather deal with UPS than FedEx. The nearby UPS Customer Center is open 9:30am-6pm Monday-Friday. There's a UPS Store closer than that that's open 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. The post office was the only place I could ship anything on Saturdays, but now they're closed on the weekends.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 12:01:06 AM »
My folding stock adaptor got here June 9th, but the post office screwed up again.
I would have gotten it sooner if it wasn't doing laps over or around Lake Michigan.
It seems like they screw up everything they send me, big or small. And not just mine.

My package went on a trip from:

USPS Origin Facility BROOKLYN, WI -

OAK CREEK, WI DISTRIBUTION CENTER -

PONTIAC, MI DISTRIBUTION CENTER -

Then instead of sending it to Flint, a 40 minute drive away,

they sent it back to OAK CREEK, WI DISTRIBUTION CENTER -

GRAND RAPIDS, MI DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX -

DETROIT, MI NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER - 

Post Office FLINT, MI & Delivered, In/At Mailbox.

It's roughly 120 miles from an airport near Milwaukee they can use, straight across Lake Michigan to another airport at Grand Rapids. They couldn't even get that one quick leg of the trip right the first time. And there shouldn't have been a second time.  >:(

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 03:21:56 PM »
I don't know what you're complaining about .
You're dealing with the Govt.
Be glad the dems didn't cut off 20% of the package.    ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:49:06 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 06:36:10 PM »
Ups sucks too....

Just ordered a new wet grinder with housing  and a diamond blade.  The box had clearly been cut open, the grinder and housing were there, but not the $100 diamond blades.  I got it 3 mins after delivery so its not like some one stole it off my porch.  We are in a small gated community, and i am thr very last one.  All of my neighbours  are retired  so its not like one of them walking thier small dogs stole it
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 12:42:17 PM »
Yep. UPS is getting suckier with each new round of younger hires.

A few weeks ago my son ordered two items from two different vendors and paid extra for "guaranteed" expedited shipping and a set delivery date (I know nothing is 100%) because they were going out of town the following week.
Package #1 was delivered on Thursday as it was supposed to be, but no package #2. The next day no package #2 either and when my son got in from work he got on the phone with the UPS hub in town (we live about ten miles from the regional hub) to see what the issue was because he had ran the tracking number and it had a note saying there was a problem making delivery. The supervisor got on his computer and looked it up and said he would call the driver for an update (this is like 5:30 in the afternoon).
The supervisor called him back and said the driver told him that he couldn't deliver it because the address was invalid and he couldn't find the house. He said there was no house at the address listed. My son had him call out the address and it was right.
Then it dawned on my son why the lazy prick didn't deliver it: It was raining lightly.
He asked the supervisor to check the records to see if it was the same driver that made the delivery of package #1 on Thursday...... AND, it was.
My son lit into him then. He said how come he had no problems finding it in the sunshine but couldn't in a light drizzling rain? He told him that he had better call the driver and get the package delivered before dark. The supervisor said it was against their SOP to re-run a route a second time because it messed up something in the computer (which is probably BS) but that he could have the driver meet him at a non-delivery location or they could pick it up at the hub the next day.
Just to be a butt to the supervisor, my son said he'd meet him at the hub when the driver returned that day. Supervision said he was bout to go off duty, and son said he better wait on him to get there or his next call would be up the chain of command (son and I know several higher-ups there) and he would explain the whole $hit-show in great detail.
Needless to say, supervisor waited and son went to the hub and got the package that evening.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 05:23:49 PM »
I did a pistol trade in with Bud's.
They sent me a letter between them and UPS.
So I go to UPS they tell me they don't ship pistols 2nd Day air as required, so I whip out my letter wave it under her nose and told her it was going or she was. 
My pistol got shipped with no further problem.
Rules for these a holes,
1 ) have something on them. a contract, a specific rule, or the clerk smells like weed   ;D
2 ) have a crowd, not a problem when the a holes are only open 1 hour a day.
3 ) Have no mercy. Describe their incompetence in the worst possible light, loudly, remember, you are playing to the crowd who still have to deal with her.   
Normally I'm extra nice to clerks and waitress', but UPS or a Bus company I don't tolerate mistakes.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 12:32:14 AM »
Is UPS really only open 1 hour a day there instead of 8 or more hours a day? If it is, that sucks several times worse than the post office where my cousin was postmistress until she retired. It's a township of 1,200+ people with one main road through town. In the winter she cross-country skied the few blocks it took to get to work. I think there were 2 other people working there and unlike here, "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds." Around here, if the mailman doesn't want to deliver your mail I think they just throw it in a dumpster somewhere.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2020, 07:46:20 AM »
It was 3 hours a day, and it's FedEx as well.
They cut back to 1 hour a day when the Kung Flu hit.
This is a city of 25,000+

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk