Author Topic: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?  (Read 26009 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
For me, I'm sleeping a lot less since I retired almost 5-1/2 years ago, (December 2014). I was never a heavy, long term sleeper. But since I retired, I find myself both going to bed, and getting up much earlier. Usually 4 to 5 hours of sleep does it for me. I have no set time for either going to bed, or getting up. I do it when I feel the need. If I get tired in the afternoon, I'll take a short nap.

I won't lay in bed awake. Instead I'll get up and start my day. I even put a TV out in my garage, so I can go out there and watch it if I get up in the middle of the night. (I'm hard of hearing, and that way I don't bother the dog or the old lady by playing it too loud). I actually like getting up very early, (12:00 AM to 2:00 AM). Especially in the Summer. It's the coolest, and the quietest time of the day.

My frame of mind is much better as well. I no longer have any of the bull$h!t at work to deal with. I never minded doing my job. In fact, I rather enjoyed it. But I hated all the politics and drama a lot of people always seem to make, that always manage to surround it. I think a lot of that is getting worse in many places today. Especially with women in the workplace. Anyway, I'm very glad I don't have to concern myself with it any longer.

Work on the "Man Cave" is an ongoing process.

tombogan03884

Re: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 07:46:54 AM »
It was the virus shut down that changed my sleeping. I can't get my coffee as early as I used too so I'm sleeping later.
Yes, I walk 1/4  mile and buy a coffee to avoid walking 10 feet and making it  :)

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1403
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 07:53:26 AM »
Yes, I walk 1/4  mile and buy a coffee to avoid walking 10 feet and making it  :)

Please tell me it is NOT Starbucks?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 09:08:30 AM »
Sleeping maybe a tad more, but still rise early - between 4-5AM, usually watch something on YouTube. Saw a short program today about some car guy who discovered an F-250 with a big block engine sitting in the woods in MN, and he tried to get it running. Failed, but it was fun to watch since I don't do such things anymore. That was followed by a live-stream "men's group" that had to shut down the in-person gathering due to the Chinese virus.

My wife and I have adopted the whole "9PM is the new midnight" thing, so we're in bed usually about 9:30-10PM. She sleeps until her alarm goes off at 7AM, so I have a couple of hours watching shows I like. I don't get much of a chance to watch during the day since even during the Days of Covid we have been busy.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 09:47:14 AM »
I'm getting a little more sleep.  I had, we had, been burning the candle at both ends, before retirement.  Staying up until after 11pm and getting up at 5:30.  Now I get up,with the sun and the wife sleeps in.  Plus most days a pm nap.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 09:50:39 AM »
No. I've been going to a local  "not Starbucks" since my usual place closed.
I haven't had regular coffee since and I will not until I can get it placed in front of me as it should be.   ;D
I used to tell the waitresses, "If you're here to make it, I'll be here to drink it".
Flip side is if they ain't making, I ain't drinking.     ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 10:04:07 AM »
I find myself working just as hard.  Working today
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 11:07:21 AM »
They are organizing 2 rallies here for the week end. I've been looking over the playing field and pacing off some distances.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 11:39:38 AM »
Lately I don't go to bed until after 1:00a.m., I used to sleep until 9 or 10, but since the shutdown with my wife staying home, I'm lucky to get 5 to 6 hours. I sometimes get to take a nap in the afternoon, but that is rare. I've been disability retired since 2011.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 12:02:48 PM »
Did you ever think you would see the day a fixed income would be a safe income ?
When this started I was encouraging others to patronize the local business's as much as possible because we were the only ones safe from lay offs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk