Author Topic: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?  (Read 26032 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 02:30:12 PM »
Except for SS, my investments are market based, so the fall of the stock market hurt.  Fortunately, it's mostly bounced back.   But then my portfolio is an eclectic mixture of industries.   Fortuitiously, my wife had to roll over one of her 403(b)'s to an IRA last month.  Great time to be buying stock.

Because of family ties to GA we invested in Home Depot early on, and specifically because of ties to Columbus, GA, my family, going back 2 generations, invested in Coco-Cola, Aflac, & Columbus Bank and Trust.     Ever hear of Columbus Bank and Trust?   Ah.  they grew up and became Synovus.  They also were pioneers in credit card processing.  The processing company was called Total Systems (TSYS) and when they were bought by Global Payments last year they were they 2nd largest processor in the world.  And the stock has reflected this good business.  Look at a 5 year chart and you'll be kicking yourself for not having known about them sooner.

If you're looking for income, verses growth, then Google highest paying dividends and you'll be surprised at whose on that list.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 09:00:18 PM »
Yeah, I guess you could say I do something that resembles sleep....more or less.  8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2020, 03:57:04 PM »
I need a day off!  Up at 4:30 this morning, was up til 2 drafting a report.  Still not had time to even think about the house let alone put pen to paper.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2020, 07:47:06 AM »
Less sleep.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 10:15:25 AM »
Haven't done the math.   ;D
I don't always take a noontime nap any more, but I'm not working nights either.
I think it works out to about the same. ;D

Sponsor

TillWill

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2020, 12:51:10 AM »
I can't say for myself, cause I'm still ages away from retirement. But as for my parents, they do sleep less now, as if they need less sleep. My mom wakes up around 6 a.m. and cooks, then does some gardening and the rest of her hobbies. The same for dad, just change cooking and gardening for spending time in his garage and watching TV ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 08:09:50 AM »
TillWill,
 Makes you wonder how they had time for work before doesn't it ?    ;D

TillWill

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2020, 10:46:15 PM »
TillWill,
 Makes you wonder how they had time for work before doesn't it ?    ;D
yep  ;D ;D

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2020, 11:21:29 AM »
Sleep??? Sleep? What is the thing "Sleep" you speak of?

Just kidding. I am one of those that HAS to get 8+ hours every night or I can't function. ;^)

I am still working (for 2 more years) then maybe I can find out if I can sleep less or more.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2020, 10:05:01 PM »
The last couple of months, instead of staying awake 2/3 of the day and sleeping 1/3 of the day, I've staying awake for 2 days, then sleeping for 1 day. Give or take several hours. I may be up for 2 days, sleep 12 hours, be up another day or 2, sleep however long, be up 1-2 1/2 days, sleep more or less day and night, and it varies after that. Half the time I don't know what day it is when I get up. And sometimes I go to bed for a couple of hours then I'm up for several more hours.

All in all I've been sleeping more since retirement because I don't have to get up at 5 am if I don't get to sleep until after midnight, and so on. When I was working, if my insomnia wasn't acting up, I would get about 5 hours of sleep per night, but I needed 9 hours of sleep. I dragged @$$ all week at work, came home exhausted and got nothing done around the house. Then if I didn't have to work the weekend I tried to make up for the lost sleep which was impossible. So I didn't have time to do any work around the house or yard, or to play at any hobbies. I absolutely hated my job so that didn't make things any easier on me. There were a lot of times I couldn't get to sleep until 3 am or later and had to get up at 5 or 5:30. There's no reason to do that anymore so I get more sleep.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk