Author Topic: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?  (Read 26302 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?
« Reply #220 on: November 28, 2021, 02:07:43 PM »
Yeah, compared to horses and wagons.  Eating salt pork and hard tack.  Using the bathroom on the trail.  Swatting bugs....yep, I can see it being romantic.

;D    ;D    ;D   

I got one for you too.   ;D

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KV1MIIA/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

It's actually pretty interesting   ;D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #221 on: November 28, 2021, 07:22:41 PM »
Heck yeah.  I bought it.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #222 on: November 29, 2021, 09:22:00 AM »
If you have to drive cross country it should still provide scenic, or historic stops.    ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #223 on: November 29, 2021, 11:48:37 AM »
Just getting back home.   I only have 1 complaint about the train.  The coffee roast was so black it might as well been charcoal.

Other than that it was great. 550 ish mile trip each way took about 9 hours. It was clean, the staff was nice( sir and mam, help loading luggage etc etx), the coach seats were comfy, reclined way more than expected, had 110 ac powe and wifi.  Better  than most airplanes I have been on in the last few years.  Got a decent night sleep for traveling.  Beat part is round trip for both of us was just under $200.  Thats is way cheaper than gas in the truck by half and about what it costs I her car to drive.  No icy roads to deal with.  Over all I highly recommend  it.  Plus your tax dollars already subsidize it.  Might as well use it.

Got to sit at a table with an older couple for a couple hours, had a wonderful  conversation. 

Ps just for tom.   Since Saturday  afternoon  478 voice mails.   I already changed the voice-mail for the project to we are no longer taking appointments and there is no wait list.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #224 on: November 29, 2021, 04:45:09 PM »
Just getting back home.   I only have 1 complaint about the train.  The coffee roast was so black it might as well been charcoal.

Other than that it was great. 550 ish mile trip each way took about 9 hours. It was clean, the staff was nice( sir and mam, help loading luggage etc etx), the coach seats were comfy, reclined way more than expected, had 110 ac powe and wifi.  Better  than most airplanes I have been on in the last few years.  Got a decent night sleep for traveling.  Beat part is round trip for both of us was just under $200.  Thats is way cheaper than gas in the truck by half and about what it costs I her car to drive.  No icy roads to deal with.  Over all I highly recommend  it.  Plus your tax dollars already subsidize it.  Might as well use it.

Got to sit at a table with an older couple for a couple hours, had a wonderful  conversation. 

Sounds a HECK of a lot better than bus.   ;D

Ps just for tom.   Since Saturday  afternoon  478 voice mails.   I already changed the voice-mail for the project to we are no longer taking appointments and there is no wait list.

I've said they have to put instructions on toothpaste , I never said the sheep could follow them .   ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #225 on: Today at 12:45:04 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #225 on: November 29, 2021, 09:39:21 PM »
Sounds a HECK of a lot better than bus.   ;D

I've said they have to put instructions on toothpaste , I never said the sheep could follow them .   ;D

I took a bus once.  Never again
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk