Author Topic: Narcan is a hell of a drug  (Read 2682 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Narcan is a hell of a drug
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2020, 01:40:45 PM »
Good work.  I don't open carry, but in situations like yours the deterrent could save lives.  One of the  "mere presence of a firearm" stopping violence.
  yep, i dont open carry unless i am in the field.  Only the misses knew i was armed  until i untucked.  That is the way it should be.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2020, 03:18:29 PM »
I remember my first trip to the Know Creek Machine Gun Shoot...back around 1970.

My first eye opener was a pickup truck with what speared  to be dual somethings mounted on a swivel stand in the bed...my thought was anti-aircraft guns  but more likely dual auto fire somethings...maybe 10/22s with cranks..

The second one was that half the folks I came across were open carrying...likely it was the staff at the range and all the vendors present...after a moment or two of being somewhat stunned, I realized that I was probably safer in that place then any I'd ever been in civilian life...  NO ONE was gonna step out of line...and most assuredly that crowd was least likely to have but a minimal percentage of bad actors...if any at all..

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 869
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2020, 04:21:14 PM »
I did untuck my shirt and made sure he saw what was coming his way should he have responded badly.

The only issue with your thought is that a person on drugs, or being revived from drugs does not have an understanding of "what [is] coming his way".  They couldn't care less.  They are going to do what they do, and in most cases it is completely involuntary.  That doesn't mean that you don't prepare and/or act.  If their actions warrant a severe reaction, react.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2020, 04:27:32 PM »
The only issue with your thought is that a person on drugs, or being revived from drugs does not have an understanding of "what [is] coming his way".  They couldn't care less.  They are going to do what they do, and in most cases it is completely involuntary.  That doesn't mean that you don't prepare and/or act.  If their actions warrant a severe reaction, react.

Are you saying that everyone on drugs is totally oblivious to their surroundings and  just act on some inner motivation?

Do you have a link to a reference supporting this?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 869
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2020, 05:19:31 PM »
No, but an OD being countered and reacting violently will not care about who or what they lash out at, or that they are even lashing out.

I deal with this during surgeries.  If they don't put enough into me I don't stay out.  My medical records are full of reports concerning my flailing and hitting people.  I have no knowledge or memory of it, but I do it when in that in between zone.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:11:08 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2020, 05:53:11 PM »
No, but an OD being countered and reacting violently will not care about who or what they lash out at, or that they are even lashing out.

I deal with this during surgeries.  If they don't put enough into me I don't stay out.  My medical records are full of reports concerning my flailing and hitting people.  I have no knowledge or memory of it, but I do it when in that in between zone.

Ok..so gone they aren't aware...similar to some folks thrashing wildly when awoken suddenly....
—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk