Author Topic: Narcan is a hell of a drug  (Read 2691 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Narcan is a hell of a drug
« on: July 03, 2020, 10:19:09 PM »
Watched the misses give it to some ome that was gone tonight.

I screwed up, i should have used the zip cuffs i carry in the glove box.  No one was hurt, but he sure as hell was not happy seeing ems or the sherriffs.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

Re: Narcan is a hell of a drug
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 09:45:52 AM »
Opioid epidemic ( remember that ?) couldn't exist with out NarCan.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 10:20:02 AM »
Naloxone - Keeping idiots alive and protecting them from self inflicted harm since 1971

The amount of time, money and resources wasted to assure that every Opioid OD can be kept alive to try again could do a lot of good in areas of real trouble needs to be brought to light.  In the eyes of some, every emergency responder MUST have Narcon available to save an addict, but heaven forbid an EMT put sugar or honey under the tongue of a person in insulin shock.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 12:27:56 PM »
They had one A hole here had to be dosed 3 times in 1 night.
Ban the stuff and let them die.
At least limit it to 1 per customer.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 12:28:33 PM »

I am ok with saving some one  once.  After that let them die.

The 911 call was funny.   " i just watched a guy shoot up and witth in 30 seconds pass out... herion overdose"  " are you sure?"  "Yes, my wife is a doctor and just gave him 4 mg of narcan..."  " can you get her to tell you what his vitals are"   you then hear  her yell " i am not touching him"   that ended the conversation.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:49:54 PM »

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1436
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 08:43:00 AM »

My wife and I were talking and I think a good idea is every time someone has to get a dose of Narcan there should be a red dot tattooed on the inside of an earlobe. Once you reach 3 you get no more chances. I will be gracious enough to say everyone can screw up once. We were all once young DUMB kids. But if you get to 3 you are nothing more then a waste of society's resources.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 09:34:30 PM »
I have to say this entire event has had me rethinking  my 1st aid kit.   I am still on the fence about adding narcan too it, but i sure as hell am adding a pair of zip cuffs.   I am also thinking about getting a refurbished  aed.  As i can get one for realtively  cheap thru the misses contacts.   Not that they are cheap, but way less than the $1300-2500. They are asking for new.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 10:13:29 AM »
I have to say this entire event has had me rethinking  my 1st aid kit.   I am still on the fence about adding narcan too it, but i sure as hell am adding a pair of zip cuffs.   I am also thinking about getting a refurbished  aed.  As i can get one for realtively  cheap thru the misses contacts.   Not that they are cheap, but way less than the $1300-2500. They are asking for new.

Add the narcan....you can always decide not to use it, but you can never be able to use it if it is not there.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2020, 01:17:54 PM »
Add the narcan....you can always decide not to use it, but you can never be able to use it if it is not there.

You are correct and i have even thought about it for people that are exposed by accident.  One thing is for sure, i will not let the misses give a dose to anyone again until  they are cuffed up.  There have been many violent  incidents  after some one was given a dose. 

I am just glad i am in a state where i can legally open carry with ccw.  I did untuck my shirt and made sure he saw what was coming his way should he have responded badly.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2020, 01:35:54 PM »
You are correct and i have even thought about it for people that are exposed by accident.  One thing is for sure, i will not let the misses give a dose to anyone again until  they are cuffed up.  There have been many violent  incidents  after some one was given a dose. 

I am just glad i am in a state where i can legally open carry with ccw.  I did untuck my shirt and made sure he saw what was coming his way should he have responded badly.

Good work.  I don't open carry, but in situations like yours the deterrent could save lives.  One of the  "mere presence of a firearm" stopping violence.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk