Author Topic: One of my biggest pet pives  (Read 5353 times)

Timothy

Re: One of my biggest pet pives
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 01:10:52 PM »
Having dealt her with OSHA myself in the past, I agree they’re a pain in the ass...

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2020, 01:11:22 PM »
At my old venue there's a 100# chandelier hanging in the lobby by its zip cord electrical wire.  I asked and the fire marshal AND the building inspector both said that was acceptable for an architectural fixture. But in the theatre I had a 4oz controller box  next to a smart light.  I couldn't just leave it setting on the I beam with both its electrical cable and control cables as a safety.  No.o.o.o.o.  I had to clamp it to the beam and add a safety cable.  The building will collapse but that 4oz box isn't moving.  Meanwhile, after 20yrs of hanging by a thread, the chandelier fell while maint was changing lamps.  Fortunately no one was hurt.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2020, 04:00:45 PM »
At my old venue there's a 100# chandelier hanging in the lobby by its zip cord electrical wire.  I asked and the fire marshal AND the building inspector both said that was acceptable for an architectural fixture. But in the theatre I had a 4oz controller box  next to a smart light.  I couldn't just leave it setting on the I beam with both its electrical cable and control cables as a safety.  No.o.o.o.o.  I had to clamp it to the beam and add a safety cable.  The building will collapse but that 4oz box isn't moving.  Meanwhile, after 20yrs of hanging by a thread, the chandelier fell while maint was changing lamps.  Fortunately no one was hurt.
  the fans i have seen.... i had one actually  fall on me whe. I did the exact same thing.  Replaced a bulb and moved it just enough to come crashing down on me. Luckly  it hit arm and not my head
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2020, 09:14:00 AM »
Speaking of peeves.

The gas company replaced all gas lines a while back, and before they turned the gas back on they inspected my furnace and water heater.  I was gigged for not have a water sump, a tee, in the gas line going to the WH.  I promised I'd fix it and they turned the gas on anyway. 

So I thought to myself, why is that a problem? Obviously at one time it must have been, hence the code.  But why don't WH manufacturers make gas burners and pilot lights that can get digest any water in the line and continue to operate?

Turns out they have solved the problem. I looked up my WH model installation instructions and they neither specify nor recommend a tee.  There is one line in the instructions that says if code requires it then you should put one in.  I was all set to add the fittings this summer but have decided to shelf them until the next WH replacement. 
Will work for ammo

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2020, 09:32:44 PM »
Looked at one today.  Check engine light came on while i was driving it.   Told him no thanks.  He called me twice asking if i was still intrested.... i swear people  can not be that dumb can they?
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:43:56 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2020, 08:30:06 AM »
You are talking about people who can't even wear a useless mask with out screwing it up.
Peeople who need instructions on tooth paste and shampoo.
Yes, they can be that stupid .

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2020, 10:20:57 AM »
.... i swear people  can not be that dumb can they?

They can, and are. Every time I see something that causes me to say to myself, "People could not possibly get any dumber".... I am proven wrong.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2020, 10:32:04 AM »
and most of them vote for the blue candidate

during my teaching career the question of "do you believe in extra terrestrials (little green men) would come up"... my answer was that my great fear was that if there were, and they made the decision on the survival of the Earth based only their reception of the afternoon TV soap operas, it didn't look good for our future  8)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2020, 12:55:22 PM »
and most of them vote for the blue candidate

during my teaching career the question of "do you believe in extra terrestrials (little green men) would come up"... my answer was that my great fear was that if there were, and they made the decision on the survival of the Earth based only their reception of the afternoon TV soap operas, it didn't look good for our future  8)

Today it would be the prime time reality shows.

As my wife is fond of reminding me.  Half the population has an IQ below 100.   AND  THEY   VOTE.

Will work for ammo

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2020, 01:26:37 PM »
Looked at one today.  Check engine light came on while i was driving it.   Told him no thanks.  He called me twice asking if i was still intrested.... i swear people  can not be that dumb can they?

They can.   It's  not so hard once they get the hang of it... ;D ;D ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk