Author Topic: One of my biggest pet pives  (Read 5377 times)

tombogan03884

Re: One of my biggest pet pives
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2020, 06:30:16 PM »
Alf, that kid in school who never did better than "C".
He's average.
Half the population are dumber than that.
Never ask, "How freaking stupid can they get ?"
They think it's a challenge.

Timothy

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2020, 06:37:22 PM »
Hey!  I was a C student!  😁

I still managed to work in engineering for thirty plus years on a few semesters of algebra , geometry and trig!  LOL

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2020, 07:09:41 PM »
Hey!  I was a C student!  😁

I still managed to work in engineering for thirty plus years on a few semesters of algebra , geometry and trig!  LOL

The instructor that taught all of the business law and other legal courses when I was at the University of Minnesota explained grades to us:

A Students - They become professors and never practice law
B Students - They become judges after a mediocre practice
C Students - Party ... A LOT, run successful practices, and make large sums of money doing what we don't want to do for ourselves

He was a C student, a JAG officer for eight years, was a major partner in a large law firm, and made millions helping families with probate.  As the former legal counsel for the Minnesota Funeral Directors Association he would help funeral homes collect payment for funerals.  There is nothing that can be attached when a funeral goes unpaid.  Families would claim that everything was tied up in the estate, and that it would not be available until the surviving spouse died, or the family could come to an agreement.  He would then go to the public record, check on probate, and if probate hadn't been filed, he would file it.  Six weeks later the Court would rule, and 95% of the time he, or his firm, would be appointed Personal Representative.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2020, 07:27:29 PM »
I was the c and d student until college, where i got straight  a's

I litterely  did not care. I would do the work not turn it in.  Aced the tests.  At one point they bumped me up 4 grades, then after much instance  from my parents back down 3.  School was never a challenge.  It was 100% time management.  No bs, out side of a hand full of classes, my honors/ ap hs classes were harder then the same college classes. 

I turned out ok i think...i currently have $25 in my savings.  Now my checking... well thats another matter.  ;D.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2020, 07:43:59 PM »
The instructor that taught all of the business law and other legal courses when I was at the University of Minnesota explained grades to us:

Mikey!  You’re a Golden Gopher?

My big sis gradeated from U of M!

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 07:44:17 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2020, 09:50:12 PM »
If I bothered going I was on the honor roll, mostly I was on the Beach, or in the woods.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2020, 09:57:12 PM »
Mikey!  You’re a Golden Gopher?

My big sis gradeated from U of M!

Yes I am.  Waited until I was in my 30's and had a family to get going, but completed my BS in 36 months.  Until I went through it I made fun of some of the courses, but before I even finished I realized the value of going through the steps and how they eventually tied together ... All except my one semester of golf to cover the one PE credit that was required.  Had I gone ROTC I could have been on the shooting team, but since I was too old for the military ...
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2020, 03:17:57 PM »
I have a soft spot for older fords... i just bought a 90 f250 with a 5.8 thay has a varifiable 95k miles from the son of the orginal owner.  I have no clue why i did it.  As the milage is the same as my diesel, but i could not help myself.  I have put over 1 million miles on this body style.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2020, 08:37:45 PM »
C student in HS
Kicked out of college, 5 Fs and a B last quarter.

I loved my dad's VW pickup.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1440
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2020, 07:32:18 AM »
C and D student through high school. I drove a laundry truck for my last year of hign school and a year after that. I went into the Navy and had a "Found Jesus" moment. Trained in communication electronics than on to Nuclear power. I really enjoyed it and was getting positive feedback for the first time.

I quit nuclear power after the Navy and got into computer hardware and software. Now a network engineer. At least for the next 2 years before I retire. I still love radio comm though. I just haven't had time and engery yo set up my station since moving into our new house.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk