Author Topic: Calling all suburban snipers  (Read 16050 times)

TFox2112

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Calling all suburban snipers
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 08:11:18 AM »
Wife threatens to give away all my firearms incuuding the safe if I shoot squirrells in the back yard. Too bad... tasty little critters. I have to settle for the sheer entertainment value of my squirrell "exercisers". wait until there are a couple (or more) on the feeders and then "release the hounds"
NRA Life Member

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 10:46:02 AM »
You didn't think they would just "take it", did ya
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 11:02:19 AM »
You didn't think they would just "take it", did ya

Those commie squirrel bastards!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 11:20:18 AM »
Had the cute little creatures in the house!  Didn't do too much damage.  Got a live trap and at last count had transplanted 12 to new homes several miles from mine.  Would have shot them but I don't think my wife would have liked holes in everything (would have had to use a .22 - no pellet gun)!!!!!!!!

Richard

I'd of transplanted them ........right into my skillet with some hot biscuits and gravy and fried potatoes .
yummy..... one of my favorites...
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 11:53:31 AM »
I'd of transplanted them ........right into my skillet with some hot biscuits and gravy and fried potatoes .
yummy..... one of my favorites...

They are great grilled too.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:36:05 PM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 12:01:36 PM »
I had to take out a woodpecker today that had been harassing my trees all morning.

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 02:08:54 PM »
Its amazing.  You give a rat a bushy tail and they are cute and good to eat.  BBQ raccoon is much tastier, and you can bait them with cat food.
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 04:00:31 PM »
I've had to rewire my phone lines twice due to squirrel damage in the attic. So first I got this.

Air Force Talon SS, 22, using Beeman Kodiak, 21.8 grn pellets, it shoots really well, 3/4" 5 shot groups at 50 yards.
But is too loud. And up close, the scope is too high above the muzzle, 25yard zero, it shoots 8" low at 20'.

Now I use a TC Contender carbine in .22lr, using Aquila, Colibri's, 20 grn bullet at 300 fps, very quiet, like using a suppressor, and put behind the ear, or in the back of the neck, drops them with one shot. I'm up to 68 squirrels in the last 3 years.

Being urban tree rats I just chunk them, although my wife has forgotten to put up the bird food, and I've got some fat squirrels due that, may be good eating.

" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 07:27:56 PM »
jumbofrank,

The best way to deal with this is to photocopy the law and have several copys available.  When a officer turned lawyer challeges you, politely but firmly show him the law.  Cooperate, but be firm.  You may even wish to contact the commanding officer with your complaint.  Most officers will relize the error of their ways, and the ones that don't are the donkeyholes you suspect they are.
I lived in a relatively small town where the actual law was being ignored for various officer interpretation.  When, as a group my friends and I challeged (politely again) the status quo the matter was rectified.  It cost a friend an hour or so in jail, but the resulting rebuke of the officer from the judge was classic. 

Ultimately, it is the measure of your willingness to challege the uniformed uninformed with something as silly as the above.  If you wish to take the steps, you can change climate in your neck of the woods so you can paint up a couple of offending squirrels.

Even when I tell the police what page something is on and they read it in their own book they say things like,"well I don't think that's what it means". I had that problem while trying to register 3 handguns. And after having a few knives confiscated or destroyed I finally have proof that they were legal. I'm not spending several hundred dollars on a lawyer to sue some a-hole for a $140 knife. But the next time I will let them arrest me if I have that much time to kill. My experience with several state and local police makes it seem like none of them have any idea at all what the gun and knife laws are.

I heard that city squirrels taste like crap. They must eat garbage or something like that to affect the taste. .22 CB caps are quieter than some pelet guns. CCI makes them in a Long version that's easier to use in most .22s.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 10:32:44 PM »
Even when I tell the police what page something is on and they read it in their own book they say things like,"well I don't think that's what it means". I had that problem while trying to register 3 handguns. And after having a few knives confiscated or destroyed I finally have proof that they were legal. I'm not spending several hundred dollars on a lawyer to sue some a-hole for a $140 knife. But the next time I will let them arrest me if I have that much time to kill. My experience with several state and local police makes it seem like none of them have any idea at all what the gun and knife laws are.

I heard that city squirrels taste like crap. They must eat garbage or something like that to affect the taste. .22 CB caps are quieter than some pelet guns. CCI makes them in a Long version that's easier to use in most .22s.
Many cities use oaks for street trees, squirrel's eat the acorns which are high in tannic acid and makes the meat bitter. Freinds have mentioned the same thing with deer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk