Author Topic: 3 Inch .45 ACP AR-15 Pistol Upper  (Read 5350 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
Re: 3 Inch .45 ACP AR-15 Pistol Upper
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 02:48:07 PM »
My COVID riddled brain is asking why a person would purchase a firearm with three main components Barrel, a(ction, buffer tube) and the barrel is the shortest of the three.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2020, 03:01:35 PM »
Recover Tactical 2020 brace is available to fit a G20 size pistol

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2020, 05:39:55 PM »
??? ??? ???

Yeah, I just don't get it either. Peg. You'd have to grip it by the mag well because there's no way your hand would fit on the fore end. Unless you were delivered prematurely and still wet behind the ears, that is. Maybe that's who's it's marketed toward, people who are still wet behind the ears.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2020, 05:56:53 PM »
My COVID riddled brain is asking why a person would purchase a firearm with three main components Barrel, a(ction, buffer tube) and the barrel is the shortest of the three.

Why indeed, Mike? That's million dollar question. You could get a 3" barrel with a 14" flash hider/compensator/muzzle brake pinned and welded to get to legal rifle length at about 16.5", but why on God's green Earth would anyone want to? Rock Island Armory makes Warthog sized .45 with a 3.10" barrel called the BBR Series 3.10. They say it's 4.55" tall and 3.10" long. Somebody screwed up. Gallery of Guns says 6.85" long, and my P10.45 is about 4.5" x 6.5" so that sounds right. But someone, I don't know who, would rather have a rifle length action and a stock with their 3" barrel .45.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2021, 10:43:57 AM »
Because you can convince people to buy absolutely ANYTHING .
I can recall a few of YOU getting all googly over something stupid, or pointless, but "NEW".    ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:33:57 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2021, 09:06:12 PM »
Like what?  Say it....

:D
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2021, 08:28:46 AM »
Like what?  Say it....

:D
Remington R-51, Chiappa Rhino, Scar/ Masada, Kimber revolver, Pincus.
There were others that I can't think of right now.    ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2021, 10:28:13 AM »
The Kimber revolver looked good in all the pictures, and sounded good from the little bit I read. IIRC it's the same size a a J-frame with an extra round, but I could be wrong about that. I'd be more likely to buy a 4.2" stainless GP100, or that's what I thought when I could still afford to buy ammo. I probably wouldn't use a revolver for concealed carry and the GP100 could handle all the rounds I'd put through it for the rest of my life, no problem. I'm more the "Hey, did you see this?" guy, and not the, "I've got to have this." guy. I did carry my Dan Wesson concealed while hunting when I was granted a permit to carry concealed while hunting only. Now "anyone" can get a permit but, Michigan is the 4th most expensive state to get and maintain a permit in. And if you carry without a permit it's a 5-year felony offense. You can get less time for murdering someone than you can for carrying without a permit. Either way it costs too much.

Timothy

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2021, 10:31:16 AM »
Remington R-51, Chiappa Rhino, Scar/ Masada, Kimber revolver, Pincus.
There were others that I can't think of right now.    ;D

None of the above and, what’s a pincus?  😂

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2021, 11:14:49 AM »
None of the above and, what’s a pincus?  😂

I don't remember anyone talking about buying one of those. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk