Author Topic: Pfizer reports astonishingly good data from its ongoing vaccine trial  (Read 3867 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: Pfizer reports astonishingly good data from its ongoing vaccine trial
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2020, 10:04:23 AM »
<WAR STORY>

Went on a C5 mission with a full flight crew.  Including backups flight deck officers and my 7 man utility fix-it team, it was 21 in all.  We were gone for 6 weeks and went  places...hauled things....  <let 1972, far-east imagination run wild>

A week after we returned I got orders to report to the Flight Surgeon.  When I arrived there was the other 20 people from that mission.  A very serious looking doctor informed us we were all exposed to Hepatitis A.  We were all to receive very painful shots of Gamma Globulin.  The amount, or actually the number of shots, depended on your weight.  A fact we didn't realize at first.

So the doctor says, "Who's first?"   Well the A/C and Mission Commander, a Lt Col, bravely steps forward like some Teddy Roosevelt leading a charge and says he would go first.   Tall, big boned guy.   The corpsman ask the Col how much he weighed.  "230#" was the reply.  The corpsman leans back and shouts to another corpsman in the back room, TWO SHOTS - 10CC EACH - ONE IN EACH CHEEK.

The Col turned a shade of pale and went back to get his medicine.  We heard some decided "grunts' from the back room.  The Col did NOT return. It was about then it occurred to all of us that the amount of butt-hurt was dependent on our weight.   

Unfortunately, or fortunately, the precedent had been set so we went in descending rank order.   I would have rather gone sooner than later and gotten it over with, but not to be. All officers first.   Bless them. (That is the thing about the Air Force, we put our officers on the front line and the rest of us to the rear.)   We each went up to the desk, sucked in our stomachs as much as we could, tried to appear as short as we could, talked one octave higher than normal and then took 20#s off our actual weight.  I was like, in a squeaky voice, "Would you believe 130#?"    By the time they got to my team, I think the corpsman started taking pity on us.  After all its not as much fun to hurt fellow enlistees as it is officers.  I had only one shot, 7.5cc as I remember and the tears welled up in my eyes.   I too left by the back door.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2020, 03:43:01 PM »
Back when I was working in Illinois, I got the flu every year. Along with countless colds. It came from work. I worked with a bunch of overtime hungry workaholics. They would NEVER take a day off if they were sick. The just worked sick, and spread it to everybody. And during the Winter months there were at least a half dozen of them walking around the shop snotting, sniffling, coughing, and sneezing. Plus they were all grabbing the machine handles spreading their germs everywhere. It was impossible not to get it.

I would usually start getting the chills after lunch. And by quitting time I was sick as a dog, with water pouring out of my nostrils. I would usually end up missing a couple days from work, and felt like crap for a week or more.... After we moved to Arizona it all stopped. If it was the dry air, or the warm weather, I don't know. But when I was working for McCulloch Corp. here in Lake Havasu, they had a full time nurse working there. If she, (or anyone else) saw you walking around sick, you would get sent to see her. If she deemed you were coming down with something, you got sent home. Like it or not. And when you felt better, you had to check in with her before clocking in. If you had any type of fever or redness in your throat, you got sent home again. They didn't want the whole joint infected. I don't blame them.

Now that I'm retired out here, I've been in good health ever since. Not so much as a sniffle. Covid and all.... Knock on wood. I'm no doctor, but personally I think it's the cold weather back there. The buildings are all closed up tight, packed with people, all Winter long. All with the heat running 24/7. It's like working in a giant incubator.

You hit the nail square on the head there. I used to spend a lot of time outdoors in the winter where it was too cold for the germs to survive. And I knew that once I went back in the incubator I was likely to catch something, but I had to go in sooner or later.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2020, 04:25:48 PM »
I'm immune to about everything there has been and will be.  If you went through this line  (Les?), which I did almost monthly and was certified travel to any, and I mean any, place worldwide. You got shots upon shots.  2 at a time.

That pic sure brings back memories. In basic we got hit with a gun in each arm, plus one more, then a small syringe of something. And, yes the guns will cut you if you move. I had some stuff seeping out of the hole but most of it stayed inside. And of course we did a bunch of push-ups just to help circulate the medicine, or because our drill sergeants were sadists. I think it keeps you from getting a lump but it hurts like heck. And one day the whole company was in an auditorium and they had 2 little unmarked boxes of pills that they passed from opposite ends of the aisles. Take a little white pill and pass them on. Take a little yellow pill and pass them on. After everyone took their white pill and yellow pill we were all sick the next day. I think they were doing medical research on us unknowing volunteers. I heard that the military does that, and I'm not talking about a long time ago like in Tuskegee. I went home 15 days for the Christmas Exodus rather than stay there pulling KP and guard duty or whatever the whole time, then finished basic with everyone else that made it. One guy ended up so sick with pneumonia he didn't graduate and had to go through another 8-week cycle of basic training.

I had to get a DPT shot before they sent me to Germany. They didn't want me getting any foreign Diphtheria, Pertussis (whooping cough), or Tetanus. I think they looked at the injection site the next day to check for a reaction but that was 38 years ago and I'm not 100% sure. I recently found out my younger brother had to get rabies shots twice. At least once was because of a stray cat in his yard that got hold of him, and I think the other time was too. He had to get several gamma globulin shots too. I don't know what he weighs but he's 5' tall and 5' in circumference. Okay he's not quite in that shape but he's overweight or undertall, and I think he said he was getting 2 shots in each cheek. The rabies shots are only 1.0 mL injected into the muscle in the deltoid area, one each on days 0, 3, 7, and 14. I guess those 4 rabies shots were nothing compared to the gamma shots to boost his immune response.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2020, 06:30:47 PM »
I got an email from Rite Aid today that said 2 COVID-19 vaccines were approved so far. One is 95% effective with 2 shots and the other one was 94% or 94.5% effective, I can't remember which, after 2 shots. The front line workers are the priority for vaccinations and drugstores should be able to start giving shots to the public sometime in the spring. I don't know if that will be for anyone who wants one, or just old farts and other people who are at higher risk. My best friend called today. His best friend (maybe) is quarantined after cleaning up after sick people. His dad and step-mom and someone else in his family, maybe his mom, all have COVID-19. His dad has other problems too but the ornery old SOB just might pull through, you never know. I don't think the others were as sick. I know the whole family but we talked about some other things and I can't remember who else was sick.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2020, 10:34:41 PM »
Do these things use a needle? Or are they like a pressure washer, where you can actually inject water into your skin, if you get it too close to the nozzle, due to the high pressure coming out of it?

Sponsor

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2020, 03:54:59 AM »
I assume they use needles like most vaccines. The only time I've seen or heard of the guns being used was mass immunizations in the military.

IIRC it takes 90 p.s.i. to blow air through your skin and all the air hoses at work were over 100 p.s.i. but people were always blowing air on themselves to cool off in the summer. One guy made a hose onto a ring with little holes in it and wore it like a collar while running a press, with the pressure to the hose turned down. That place was always too hot, except in the winter when the heat was turned off and we started making small fires by our machines.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2020, 08:38:31 AM »
There was a study with 800 healthcare professionals and of the 400 receiving Ivermectin there was not one case of the Chicom flu.  Whereas the 400 treated with a placebo had an illness percentage of 58% who got sick.  And, it works once you get the Chicom flu....  He claims that of the hospitalized patients taking Ivermectin most of those survive and only a very small percentage of people actually die....very small percentage.   

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/national/susan-jones/physician-tells-senate-ivermectin-covid-wonder-drug-if-you-take-it-you

And this from a doctor that is a democrat.  He snubs a democrat congressman too...it's a good video to watch.

I guess big pharma, their lobbyists and the recipients of lobbyists money (that would be US Congressmen and US Senators) understand that Ivermecting is too cheap and they can't stuff their pockets full of that nice long green money.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2020, 03:58:16 PM »
I used to give my dog ivermectin once a month to prevent heartworm infections so I knew it was a good antiparasitic drug that would prevent parasites, or kill parasites if there was already an infection, but I never imagined it would be a great antiviral too drug.

I found a short article online that says ivermectin was discovered in the 1970s in bacteria isolated from the soil on a Japanese golf course. It was called the first "endectocide" since it was active against both endoparasites (parasites that live inside the host) and ectoparasites (parasites that live on the outside of the host). Of particular importance today is it's ability to prevent heartworm infections in dogs with monthly dosing. It has also protected hundreds of millions of livestock from a variety of parasites. Ivermectin lotion is approved by the FDA for the treatment of head lice. Unlike many other treatments for head lice, it only needs to be applied once. When given orally, ivermectin can be used for treating head or pubic lice and scabies. Oral ivermectin is useful to control outbreaks of scabies in nursing homes where whole-body application of topical agents is difficult. Ivermectin's greatest impact on human health has been in Africa. Since 1987, in addition to its use for other parasitic infestations, it's been used extensively to control river blindness with 1.4 billion treatments so far. More here.

https://www.poison.org/articles/ivermectin-your-dogs-heartworm-medicine-173

P.S. I trust a medicine that's been around for decades more than I trust some brand new vaccine. I'd rather take ivermectin, but not a big handful of liver-flavored doggie chews appropriate for my body weight. ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2021, 05:50:00 AM »
Is the Pfizer vaccine the culprit in the elderly deaths in Norway? It's too soon to say.

ABC (Australia) News article.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2021-01-18/cause-of-pfizer-covid-vaccine-norway-deaths-not-clear/13067588

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2021, 10:44:23 PM »
Is the Pfizer vaccine the culprit in the elderly deaths in Norway? It's too soon to say.

ABC (Australia) News article.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2021-01-18/cause-of-pfizer-covid-vaccine-norway-deaths-not-clear/13067588
  I doubt it.  Sounds more like them inventing news
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk