Author Topic: We’re f@#ked!  (Read 5963 times)

tombogan03884

Re: We’re f@#ked!
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2021, 08:52:25 AM »
Hell if it was not for Luty's smg being full auto, I would actually think about building one.

If you added a trigger disconnect you would be OK.
It's perfectly legal for citizens to manufacture their own guns as long as it's not for resale.
You'd need to check details.

As for your main point, the technology came out of garages and work shops, it can go back there easy enough.
Which raises the question, "Where do the dumb asses think they'll get the guns they will need to enforce this stupidity ?"

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2021, 09:09:00 AM »

As for your main point, the technology came out of garages and work shops, it can go back there easy enough.
Which raises the question, "Where do the dumb asses think they'll get the guns they will need to enforce this stupidity ?"

From Fudd's?
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Dirty Bob

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2021, 09:18:13 AM »
You know, the Fraudulent JoeBiden* people -- and their fellow travelers -- seem to have no clue as to how simple firearm technology is, and how easily someone with a basic set of tools (not a milling machine, nor a lathe), and basic skills can build a working firearm. One thing they definitely don't seem to realize is that a semiauto in a relatively low-pressure pistol cartridge is about the easiest thing to make, because lockup consists of a bolt/carrier of sufficient weight, with the recoil spring -- and maybe a hammer spring -- adding a little bit to the lockup, though the bolt weight is the overwheming factor.

Here's more than you ever wanted to know: Volume IV of The Machine Gun, by George M. Chinn, USMCR. The first section takes you through blowback actions in great detail. The whole set is available at archive.org. Download today! You never know when the Marxists will start purging Archive, Amazon, and even public libraries and local bookstores. I'm not kidding.

You wanna build 0% AR lowers? It isn't that hard. People have built AR lowers out of wood, machined plastic, 3D-printed plastic, bolted-together aluminum, and even welded sheet steel.

I've been toying with the AKM model: bend sheet metal into a "trough," like an AKM receiver. The front trunnion contains the pivot pin lugs, and the rear trunnion (of aluminum) has an opening for the takedown pin lug from the upper, as well as accepting the buffer tube. This can be threaded or can just be a hole with set screws around its circumference, that gently engage the threaded part of a buffer tube. Look at guns like the PPS-43 for a sheet metal magwell and mag catch. I suggest an AK pistol grip, as they're easier to attach than an AR grip.

The hard part is the bolt hold open catch, but that can be omitted. No detents anywhere: a cotter pin or similar arrangement for the takedown and pivot pins, and magnets on the side of the receiver form the stops for the safety/selector lever, as long as it's steel. You should use an ambi lever, as there's no detent to hold the safety in place. Non-walking pins are suggested for the hammer and trigger, as the thin lower walls don't offer the friction of a thicker aluminum receiver.

I'm certain it's doable, but I'm currently in a 0% AKM blowback pistol build, using 19 gauge (1mm) stainless as my receiver. I plan to chamber it in .32 ACP, with a Walther PP barrel I have, along with an AR fire control group. Think something like a Czech vz.61 Skorpion, but in semiauto, without the complicated bolt velocity reducer mechanism, and with a pistol buffer tube to contain the recoil system, and for "cheeking." Don't know for sure if it will work on the first iteration, but the path is often more rewarding than the destination!

Oh, and by the way, I take the quote below seriously. I believe that one of the ways we move homebuilt arms into "common usage" is by sharing the information with others. Ideas are like viruses: they spread from person to person.

Now let's go forth and make stuff!

* Not actually elected
-------------
Maker, tinkerer, general nerd

"Can't stop the signal, Mal." - Serenity (2005)

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2021, 03:03:10 PM »
From Fudd's?

From the people who spent the last 40 years saying "No one needs an AR ?"
I can't WAIT to see their close order drill .      ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2021, 03:10:16 PM »
Bob. Aluminum isn't strong enough. The Receiver box doesn't need to contain any pressure, but it has to keep the parts that do in perfect alignment during violent movement.
That was why the Soviets had to make milled AK's while they worked it out.
If you notice the AKM reciever has a lot more cross bracing than the original, as well as thicker metal.

As for "The Machine Gun" download it , the dead tree version is about $300/vol .

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:51:17 AM »

Dirty Bob

• Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2021, 09:20:04 PM »
Bob. Aluminum isn't strong enough. The Receiver box doesn't need to contain any pressure, but it has to keep the parts that do in perfect alignment during violent movement.
That was why the Soviets had to make milled AK's while they worked it out.
If you notice the AKM reciever has a lot more cross bracing than the original, as well as thicker metal.

As for "The Machine Gun" download it , the dead tree version is about $300/vol .
I'm sorry. I think I wasn't clear. The receiver for my little bitty AKM pistol project is stainless steel. It's really sturdy and resistant to flexing. The only aluminum would be the front and rear trunnions, but the receiver, bolt and barrel are steel. And of course, being blowback, the bolt won't have to lockup with the front trunnion. I think I've managed to design it so that the bolt/carrier doesn't "bottom out" in recoil, either.

I already downloaded all volumes of The Machine Gun, and I hope everyone here does the same. The problem with digital resources in "the cloud," is that someone can make them go away very easily, and I think that day is coming. Sniffin' JoeBiden* and his friends are attacking both the 1st and the 2nd Amendments. They not only want to take our guns, they don't want us talking about them or sharing files. I think they may also start memory holing some old movies that don't meet their 2021 standards for all kinds of things. Movies ranging from Gone with the Wind to Sands of Iwo Jima to Way of the Gun.

I'm saving important stuff to disks or printing it out. If something's in the cloud, you really don't own it in any real way.

Geez, with all the stuff that could be coming our way, maybe the theme song for 2021 should be "El Deguello." And that's coming from a Texan.

Thanks!

* Not really elected
-------------

Timothy

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2021, 08:08:37 AM »
Not to spoil a good drift but...

McConnell blaming Trump for losing the Senate is laughable!  Holding up those stimulus checks made all the difference in my opinion!  I’m convinced he did it to spite Trump while underestimating the ability of the left to drag more dead folks to the polls!

Dirty Bob

• Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2021, 08:35:42 AM »
McConnell blaming Trump for losing the Senate is laughable!  Holding up those stimulus checks made all the difference in my opinion!  I’m convinced he did it to spite Trump while underestimating the ability of the left to drag more dead folks to the polls!

Nothin’ to disagree with, there, Timothy!

...and now we get dragged through another bogus impeachment vote! Yippee!
-------------

tombogan03884

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2021, 09:17:09 AM »
I'm sorry. I think I wasn't clear. The receiver for my little bitty AKM pistol project is stainless steel. It's really sturdy and resistant to flexing. The only aluminum would be the front and rear trunnions, but the receiver, bolt and barrel are steel. And of course, being blowback, the bolt won't have to lockup with the front trunnion. I think I've managed to design it so that the bolt/carrier doesn't "bottom out" in recoil, either.

I already downloaded all volumes of The Machine Gun, and I hope everyone here does the same. The problem with digital resources in "the cloud," is that someone can make them go away very easily, and I think that day is coming. Sniffin' JoeBiden* and his friends are attacking both the 1st and the 2nd Amendments. They not only want to take our guns, they don't want us talking about them or sharing files. I think they may also start memory holing some old movies that don't meet their 2021 standards for all kinds of things. Movies ranging from Gone with the Wind to Sands of Iwo Jima to Way of the Gun.

I'm saving important stuff to disks or printing it out. If something's in the cloud, you really don't own it in any real way.

Geez, with all the stuff that could be coming our way, maybe the theme song for 2021 should be "El Deguello." And that's coming from a Texan.

Thanks!

* Not really elected

Lot to comment here.    ;D

I miss understood. Stainless is an excellent choice, What finish are you thinking of. Powder coat would be tough and your choice of color, and works with nearly all alloys.
The bolt bottoming out is something that I've been thinking of with tubular/inline designs like the AR, or most SMG's.
Even in semi, with no "constant recoil" benefit it would still have to result in milder felt recoil .
Another option is to keep everything the same length, but increased diameter like the Hyde M-2 SMG.

Save to disc ?    :(
That's one I need to start on.
And even with the Parler situation it hadn't crossed my mind.   :-\

Sounds like Mariachi music .
I like Mariachi music.
I think proper people call it Spanish Classical, but consider the source.   ;D

Not to spoil a good drift but...

^ This.

Dirty Bob

• Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2021, 10:28:25 AM »
I miss understood. Stainless is an excellent choice, What finish are you thinking of. Powder coat would be tough and your choice of color, and works with nearly all alloys.

Save to disc ?    :(
That's one I need to start on.
And even with the Parler situation it hadn't crossed my mind.   :-\

Sounds like Mariachi music .
I like Mariachi music.
I think proper people call it Spanish Classical, but consider the source.   ;D

No problemo: I appreciate your words of caution when you thought I was making an aluminum AKM receiver. I'm still deciding on a finish, but powder coat is a good choice!

Re: saving to disk, they're deleting "unacceptable" stuff everywhere, and the goal posts keep moving. If I find something good, I try to save it for myself, because I now assume it could be gone tomorrow.

Re: El Deguello, here's what Wikipedia had to say:
The Degüello (Spanish: El toque a degüello) is a bugle call, notable in the US for its use as a march by Mexican Army buglers during the 1836 Siege and Battle of the Alamo[1] to signal that the defenders of the garrison would receive no quarter by the attacking Mexican Army under General Antonio López de Santa Anna. The Degüello was introduced to the Americas by the Spanish armies and was later adopted by the patriot armies fighting against them during the Spanish American wars of independence. It was also widely used by Simon Bolivar's armies, notably during the Battle of Junin[2] and the Battle of Ayacucho.[3]

"Degüello" is a Spanish noun from the verb "degollar", to describe the action of throat-cutting. More figuratively, it means "give no quarter."[1] It "signifies the act of beheading or throat-cutting and in Spanish history became associated with the battle music, which, in different versions, meant complete destruction of the enemy without mercy."[4] It is similar to the war cry "¡A degüello!" used by Cuban rebels in the 19th century to launch mounted charges against the Spanish infantry.

Keep your powder dry!
DB
-------------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk