Author Topic: We’re f@#ked!  (Read 6035 times)

tombogan03884

Re: We’re f@#ked!
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2021, 03:18:19 PM »
Son of a gun !
I remember John Wayne saying it meant "No Quarter" in "The Alamo".
I thought it was Hollywood bs.
The ONE thing they did get right   ;D

I still don't believe Jim Bridger had a Nock Volley gun though.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2021, 09:35:08 AM »
Not to spoil a good drift but...

McConnell blaming Trump for losing the Senate is laughable!  Holding up those stimulus checks made all the difference in my opinion!  I’m convinced he did it to spite Trump while underestimating the ability of the left to drag more dead folks to the polls!

Not completely true Timothy.  McConnell didn't hold up the checks.  He lost the information war.  Remember, the media loves the Left and hates the Right.  The Senate was the first to take Pres. DJT's plan to put $1,200 checks out to everyone, and to continue the unemployment bonus checks at $300 per week.  They did this a couple months ago.  Pelosi and Schumer said "NO!"  They wanted a full Bill, not a piece by piece, so that they could get all of their pork in it.

McConnell, and his crew, did not push this through strong enough.  Every time aid and hurting was brought up they should have had their simple couple page Bill in hand and said "Here is $1200 per person and $300 per week unemployment bonus that the Democrats refuse to authorize." "A package of immediate help that will be added to as we work through each item, if they would just authorize the Bill."

I have said it before:  While the conservatives were taking science, history and math classes, the liberals were taking speech, drama and debate.  They are slick Snake Oil Salesmen that can spin anything, and they are masters at it.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2021, 12:57:19 PM »
But McConnell knew Pelosi would never pass anything while Trump was president!

A last ditch effort may have helped!  Loefler and Perdue were doing OK till Atlanta and August came in...don’t know much about Atlanta but Augusta is a poor city with the exception of Augusta National area...  Spent lots of time at Vogtle years back!

Dirty Bob

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2021, 01:40:37 PM »
Not completely true Timothy.  McConnell didn't hold up the checks.  He lost the information war.  Remember, the media loves the Left and hates the Right.  The Senate was the first to take Pres. DJT's plan to put $1,200 checks out to everyone, and to continue the unemployment bonus checks at $300 per week.  They did this a couple months ago.  Pelosi and Schumer said "NO!"  They wanted a full Bill, not a piece by piece, so that they could get all of their pork in it.
I've long thought that a lot of foreign aid and other payouts were popular because the receiving gov't or .org probably made a sizeable deposit to a "re-election fund" or would invite key lawmakers to "consult" or "give a speech" at wildly inflated rates. It worked for the Clinton Crime Family.
-------------
Maker, tinkerer, general nerd

"Can't stop the signal, Mal." - Serenity (2005)

tombogan03884

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2021, 03:05:41 PM »

I have said it before:  While the conservatives were taking science, history and math classes, the liberals were taking speech, drama and debate.  They are slick Snake Oil Salesmen that can spin anything, and they are masters at it.

Which is exactly why I spent the last 12 years telling you to adopt their tactics or lose.
Well, You didn't sink to their level and now you control nothing while you sit back and allow the only good guy in DC to be hounded out of town.
Ain't you proud of all that Reason, and Compromise  now  ?

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 01:08:32 PM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2021, 03:39:00 PM »
But McConnell knew Pelosi would never pass anything while Trump was president!

A last ditch effort may have helped!  Loefler and Perdue were doing OK till Atlanta and August came in...don’t know much about Atlanta but Augusta is a poor city with the exception of Augusta National area...  Spent lots of time at Vogtle years back!

The blue crew is invading all the bigger cities.
Atlanta metro has been blue for decades along with the Macon/Bibb Co metro area. Columbus and Savannah are there and now the sickness has spread outside the Albany area to several surrounding counties making up a blue stronghold.
Anywhere there's a four-year college or university. For example thanks to VSU and transplants, Valdosta/Lowndes County (southernmost county on I-75) went blue for the PotUS election this time.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2021, 05:46:20 PM »
I have worked all over the us.  Atlanta  was one of the worst when it came to lazy union workers.   I mean they did everything exactly on time, and would take 8 hours to finish thier qouta.  Even if it was less than an hours worth of work.  I watched a guy stop painting a wall 4" short because it was exactly 5 pm.   He was using an airless, it was less than 10 seconds to finish.  No joke.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2021, 09:27:15 AM »
Portsmouth Navy yard is like that.
Based on the people I have worked with I would not hire anyone with that in their resume'.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2021, 09:50:44 AM »
I am all for fair wages and benefits.  But, I am also for a reward system.  Unions do not allow for rewards.  They are the ultimate of Communism.

My first experience with a union shop was a grocery job when I was 14.  My first regular job.  I was used to working in other settings that were about getting the job done.  I lasted two months at that grocery store before I went to a mom&pop shop where I did the job, got paid well for it, and as I gained efficiency I gained in responsibility and opportunity for both learning and earning.

Trying to discuss this in appropriate high school and college classes is a challenge at best.  All public K-12 are union, and few teachers are willing to discuss the harm union can cause when abused.  Public universities are a combination of union and non-union, with profs. and instructors being non-union, but having more of the union mindset.

TAB's description of the painters is something along the lines I have heard.  And there is the one about drywallers:  Their contracts (union and non-union) are so much per sheet.  Full Sheet!  Talk about waste!  First, they do not use drops for anything.  You need an 8" x 2' piece, you don't go to that 2'x8' piece you just cut off!  You go cut it off a full sheet.  Also, when done with a house in a sub-division, where you are going door to door down the street, you don't leave any sheets behind that will be counted for return (removed from your used and paid count), and you don't carry them next door to use there - You cut them all in half and toss them in the roll-off.

I will tell anyone that there was a time that this nation needed the unions.  And, there are still some places where they are a benefit.  However, the time for extensive union influence is long past, and it is actually becoming a drain on our nation.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Dirty Bob

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2021, 10:29:52 AM »
Well, to reverse the situation described in the thread title, what can we do?

I think the first is to start getting involved locally with the people who run things. Has any of us attended a city council or school board meeting in the last year, or even a home owners' association meeting? Those are the places where we can have influence. Many elections are decided by relatively small numbers, so if we get involved, we might get some of the useless people out and get some people in who will respond to constituents.

Am I wrong? I'm guilty of not going to meetings. It's a pain, but I can see it's something I need to be doing.

One of the 2020 DemocRAT presidential candidates was a local politician: Julian Castro. He and his twin brother, Joaquim, combine the attributes of arrogance and incompetence and were raised as communists by their mother, a died-in-the-wool Marxist. He was a terrible mayor and would have been a horrible President, and he's young, so he'll almost certainly run again. Some focused work on his opponent's campaign might have kept him from rising as high as he did.

-------------
Maker, tinkerer, general nerd

"Can't stop the signal, Mal." - Serenity (2005)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk