Author Topic: Kel-Tec P50 5.7×28mm Pistol  (Read 5821 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Kel-Tec P50 5.7×28mm Pistol
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2021, 08:35:57 AM »
Actually it was never intended for pistol. It was designed for the FN p 90 to REPLACE the pistol because the troops can't hit shit with a hand gun.
Like with the BAR/ M-14 they keep trying the same failed ideas over and over.

Actually, 5.7×28mm ammo was ALWAYS intended for use in a pistol. FN 5.7×28mm ammunition was designed in conjunction with the FN P90 PDW and the FN Five-seveN pistol. "The FN 5.7×28mm (designated as the 5.7 × 28 by the C.I.P. is a small-caliber, high-velocity, smokeless powder, rebated rim, bottlenecked centerfire cartridge designed for handgun and personal defense weapon (PDW) uses and manufactured by FN Herstal."* BTW, the barrel of the P90 is only 0.8" longer than this pistol. With muzzle energy in excess of 9x19mm it does lots of things better than .22 LR and is far from useless.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_5.7%C3%9728mm
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2021, 09:12:08 AM »
Was looking for the NATO PDW RFP from the 80's but frankly lost interest after 10 minutes.

64starion

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2021, 05:17:47 AM »
cool

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2021, 08:25:38 AM »
I would love to get one of the KelTec's but
1. For my use it really has no practical use.
2. It too large for everyday carry.
3. I don't have an extra $1K laying around.

I have a P-91 (Or 90, whichever is the semi-auto) and it is a LOT of fun to shoot even though the ammo is sky-high. Even more so during these trying times.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2021, 03:24:26 PM »
I would love to get one of the KelTec's but
1. For my use it really has no practical use.
2. It too large for everyday carry.
3. I don't have an extra $1K laying around.

I have a P-91 (Or 90, whichever is the semi-auto) and it is a LOT of fun to shoot even though the ammo is sky-high. Even more so during these trying times.

Don't feel bad.
Unless you were an half trained NATO conscript in the 70's - 80's, no one had a real use for it.
It was designed as a PDW for rear echelon, non shooting, types who might have run into Soviet Spetznaz if WW III broke out.
Apparently it was cheaper than actually training their troops.
7.62 x 25 works just as well.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:29:12 AM »

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2021, 10:37:43 AM »
7.62 x 25 works just as well.

But not as fun. You have to add "cool" factor into the mix!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2021, 09:15:33 AM »
But not as fun. You have to add "cool" factor into the mix!

Yeah really.  The P90 was a Stargate prop....

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/P-90
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2021, 02:47:32 PM »
OK. You guys are better at this than I am.

I have heard (probably a rumor) of reloaders pulling the bullets out of the SS109  5.56 rounds and putting them in the 5.7x28 to increase penetration trying to get them close to the "outlawed" armor-piercing cartridge.

1. Do any of you know someone that has done this?
2. Does it come anywhere close to the desired result?

I am sure they are trying to achieve a round that would penetrate a "bullet-resistant" vest.

;D ;D :o :o :o :o

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2021, 04:19:27 PM »
Looking at published load data, it looks like the heaviest bullet I could find listed was a .224 diameter 45 grain spitzer, So I would say that anything heavier and longer probably wouldn't work except as a single shot.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2021, 12:08:09 PM »
OK. You guys are better at this than I am.

I have heard (probably a rumor) of reloaders pulling the bullets out of the SS109  5.56 rounds and putting them in the 5.7x28 to increase penetration trying to get them close to the "outlawed" armor-piercing cartridge.

1. Do any of you know someone that has done this?
2. Does it come anywhere close to the desired result?

I am sure they are trying to achieve a round that would penetrate a "bullet-resistant" vest.

;D ;D :o :o :o :o

Do some LOA measurements.
Spitzer bullets in pistols are just stupid.

Doess any one other than me realize these ideas were thrown out as useless foolishness 120 years ago ?
By the late 1800's calibers below 7 MM had been rejected as useless by everyone but the Japanese, and THEY were disappointed in it's effect on Russians.
And THAT was with full rifle cartridges.

Stick, "NEW" or "Improved" on it and some dumb ass is sure to buy it.

If HK marketed a STANAG buttplug some of you would get one and hype it's advantages.
5.7 that you are wetting yourself over is nothing but FN trying to recover wasted research money.

A

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk