Author Topic: Kel-Tec P50 5.7×28mm Pistol  (Read 5820 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Kel-Tec P50 5.7×28mm Pistol
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2021, 12:37:53 PM »
Yeah really.  The P90 was a Stargate prop....

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/P-90

Even when they KNEW they were headed straight into the $#!* they would STILL take their under-powered P90s instead of grabbing a rifle of some kind. They should each have had an M4 carbine at a bare minimum, preferably with an M203 grenade launcher mounted on one. 

Someone patented a new PDW design in 5.7mm that feeds the rounds through the pistol grip, but instead of being stacked up horizontally, the rounds are angled upward at the front so the grip is smaller front to back than a 5.7 caliber pistol. If I can find it again I'll post some pics and a link to the article I saw. I was going to do that a week or so ago, but finally decided to close all the windows I had open on my computer and go to bed.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2021, 12:49:27 PM »
OK. You guys are better at this than I am.

I have heard (probably a rumor) of reloaders pulling the bullets out of the SS109  5.56 rounds and putting them in the 5.7x28 to increase penetration trying to get them close to the "outlawed" armor-piercing cartridge.

1. Do any of you know someone that has done this?
2. Does it come anywhere close to the desired result?

I am sure they are trying to achieve a round that would penetrate a "bullet-resistant" vest.

;D ;D :o :o :o :o

I haven't heard about that but I really don't get out much. Out of bed that is. I like the idea in theory but not in practice. Turning down pieces of solid bronze on a lathe to make bullets the right length would work, assuming someone had access to a lathe and bronze rods. And if you have money you can get those things. How you explain to your family why the AFT (Absolute F***ing Terrorists) shot your dog when they broke into your house is up to you.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2021, 04:46:47 PM »
I haven't heard about that but I really don't get out much. Out of bed that is. I like the idea in theory but not in practice. Turning down pieces of solid bronze on a lathe to make bullets the right length would work, assuming someone had access to a lathe and bronze rods. And if you have money you can get those things. How you explain to your family why the AFT (Absolute F***ing Terrorists) shot your dog when they broke into your house is up to you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        ;D    Yeah, that.   ;D
As a strict thought project I would be more likely to try making a 5.7 round from rod rather than use a bullet intended for a different caliber.
They did both in the Philippines during WW II. 
One of the biggest problems with the post was/surplus Carcano's is that 6.5 Carcano is a different dimension from standard.
IIRC They were exactly 6.5 mm and the others were 0.26?rounded into metric.
Or you could use a subcaliber in a nylon sleeve.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk