Author Topic: MS Safari Arms pistol  (Read 2033 times)

gun papa

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
MS Safari Arms pistol
« on: March 13, 2021, 07:44:23 PM »
I am old enough to remember Safari Arms before they were bought out by Olympic Arms.   There just doesn't seem to be much information on the net about Safari Arms when they were in Arizona.  I have this gun, but I do not know the model.  It is mostly original and has a 4 digit serial number in the 2000 range.  The government length slide has a S&W rear sight which I recall was a thing that the Phoenix shop did.  The front sight has a red insert in the steel sight.   I am trying to find how many pistol the MS Safari Arms made, and the model.  You don't see these guns around or for sale.

tombogan03884

Re: MS Safari Arms pistol
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 08:46:35 AM »
Forgotten Weapons had nothing.
Sounds like you need to do some digging.    ;D
When you Find the information you can post it Here for other researchers.

https://surplused.com/

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 01:43:36 PM »
Iirc they were bought in 87. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 09:32:15 AM »
as one of the early stainless 1911s, there may have been alloy incompatibility that caused a galling problem where slide to frame friction would strip off metal...the MS Arms were heavily advertised in Soldier of Fortune magazine.....I did have a MS beaver tail on an early 1911

gun papa

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 02:16:56 PM »
Thanks.  I have not seen anything galling.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:25:10 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 08:23:00 PM »
as one of the early stainless 1911s, there may have been alloy incompatibility that caused a galling problem where slide to frame friction would strip off metal...the MS Arms were heavily advertised in Soldier of Fortune magazine.....I did have a MS beaver tail on an early 1911

Most of the early stainless 1911's shared the galling problem.
Randall was notorious for it.
I also heard it was an issue with the Coonan.
Kind of funny , Ha Ha, that they perfected their aluminum alloy sooner than they got Stainless right.
We've only been fu#@ing with iron for , what, 3500 years ?    ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2021, 12:57:57 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Most of the early stainless 1911's shared the galling problem.
Randall was notorious for it.
I also heard it was an issue with the Coonan.
Kind of funny , Ha Ha, that they perfected their aluminum alloy sooner than they got Stainless right.
We've only been fu#@ing with iron for , what, 3500 years ?    ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I hope my neighbors didn't hear that laugh. I must have sounded demented. :-[ That was just what the doctor ordered.

I haven't seen  one of those guns in multiple coons ages, but wouldn't mind seeing some pics.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk