Author Topic: Now I want a 3d printer  (Read 4314 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Now I want a 3d printer
« on: March 14, 2021, 11:51:01 PM »

Check out the rest of his channel
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

Re: Now I want a 3d printer
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 08:10:11 AM »
Has all sorts of possibilities.   ;D

Manufacturing is slowly moving to the point where some one will build a single prototype, then license the printer program to manufacturers.
It will become pointless to file for patents when the software can be copy righted for 75 years of protection.
I look forward to the day that getting ammo, or a new gun is as easy as printing out an E Mail.   ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 08:17:42 AM »
Your biggest enemies will be manufacturers and dealer's who will whine about losing business after failing to meet demand.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 08:52:19 AM »
HEAVEN FORBID!

It bears keeping an eye on it.  Even though the current generation probably can't mix the chemicals needed....remember Kodak?  They didn't jump on the digital bandwagon....I'm just sayin'...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 10:54:36 AM »
C&Rsenal mentioned it in their podcast that good machines are under $300.
I've been watching some video's on basics.
Matt, from Fuddbusters mentioned a site called " https://ctrlpew.com/" I need to check out next.
It seems they provide programs for non gun part gun parts, like a barrel made from a piece of pipe with EDM rifling and Chamber.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:18:36 AM »

sammy00

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 06:46:07 AM »
I believe that now the prospects for 3D printing are extremely promising. Scientists are actively developing existing methods of 3D printing, developing new technologies and types of materials, finding new areas of application. Many call 3D printing the technology of the future, and I think so too. Given the great interest of scientists in the technique of 3D bioprinting, which is one of the most promising technologies for 3D printing, the production of artificial organs on a 3D printer is not far off. In general, it seems to me that in 10 years to have a 3D printer at home it will be a common thing. And everyone will be able to print what he wants. I think that printers will also change, become more reliable, high-quality, and most importantly - affordable.

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 07:52:14 AM »
3D printers have been around for over a decade.  Yes, they’re get more affordable but unless you do your own modeling (which I made living producing) you need to pay for the CADCAM files to load them.  Machinists like Tom who can do direct programming if familiar with G and M code may fair better.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2021, 08:01:00 AM »
3D printers have been around for over a decade.  Yes, they’re get more affordable but unless you do your own modeling (which I made living producing) you need to pay for the CADCAM files to load them.  Machinists like Tom who can do direct programming if familiar with G and M code may fair better.

No you don't.
Pretty much anything you want to print is already available free on sites like Thingiverse.
The majority of the technology is open source .
I've been printing constantly for a couple weeks and haven't seen a bit of actual code.
There is a way to access it in Cura, but I haven't needed to change any of that.
Also all you need for the initial modeling is a smart phone, or stereo camera and a lazy susan.
The software for that is a free download as well.

Anybody can do this.

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 08:56:17 AM »
Great to hear TB! 

Is there a market for sex dolls?    LOL

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 04:51:47 PM »
Great to hear TB! 

Is there a market for sex dolls?    LOL

With all the "gamer" types posting troll's and crap I was shocked to only see 1 dildo plan in all the sights I browsed.   ;D   looking for ACCURATE Napoleonic figures, and actual human knights.
Darned few, it's all LOTR, and Sci Fi.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk