Author Topic: Now I want a 3d printer  (Read 4368 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Now I want a 3d printer
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2021, 04:38:23 PM »
F- it.
 The inside of that printer looks like a snakes nest, and I have no idea what any of it does.
Could really say the same about the inside of a light switch.
Some times I have trouble changing batteries.
So I ordered a new motherboard and will just swap the wires,.
How hard can it be.    ;D

Should I video this ?   ;D

Actually, considering my skill level if I can do it with out knowledge beyond the internet, and no tools beyond what comes with the machine, it would probably be interesting.
I would have to do it, take it apart, and redo it for the camera so people hear a running description of what I'm doing instead of the muttering and swearing while I'm actually doing it.   ;D

Just dive in, and muddle through is how the British Empire got built.   ;D   ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2021, 09:23:46 AM »
 ;D YouTube video's, a little sack of cheap tools that came with the printer and
#1, I have a new motherboard installed,
#2 The friggin' thing WORKS !   :o  ;D
Sort of, the defective bed heater is fixed, but now I have to configure the software to ignore the temp sensor that I'm not using.
Apparently these are not exactly "3D Printers", they are starter kits, Like an AR 15   ;D
This new motherboard is so quite I have to watch the gantry to know if the Z axis is moving !   :o
I kind of miss the little squeak's and whirrs that I thought of as "Happy maker noises"     ;D
Far more memory, a lot of things I still don't understand, but I know they are benefits. But I don't plan on dual extruders, or Auto leveling, so I have open plugs to work around. I've found an entry on Github that tells me exactly what to do line by line, (It's a 200,000+ line program, a little help is GREATLY appreciated   ;D  ) I just have to figure out the download/ flash/update stuff and I should be back in business.
Not much older, but much wiser since I've been using the down time to actually learn about 3 D printing.   ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2021, 09:21:02 AM »
 >:( 
 Messed around with files, text editors, and my computer etc, I don't even know the right words for this stuff, I really got no where.
This is the shit we called the IT guy for at work.
There is a computer repair place I walk by on my way to and from the Coffee Shop I go to every day, twice.
I may not know computers, but I can put 2 and 2 together with the best of them.
So, I take my printer to this so called "computer expert", 2 days of explaining the board, the machine, and my very basic, SIMPLE, problem, he can't understand what I'm trying to tell him . So he e mails the Board manufacturer, They replied in Chinese, which I thought was poetic justice.  ;D , but the company couldn't help him comprehend "flashing an update to the processor.'
So I suggested he do what I did, Google "Marlin 2.0 error code E-1" and follow the links.
I shit you not, Google couldn't help this idiot.    :o
I've never heard of such a thing.
Did I mention he expected to get paid ? I expected my printer to be fixed, we're both disappointed. No cure No pay .
F#cking GOOGLE, and he still can't understand ?
I think he drools on himself.
So I took home the printer then I went to the Comic store across the street and put out an offer for one of those 12 year old gamers who prints their own Orc's and stuff . $30 or a roll of print filament their choice.
I'm hoping the taker will be about 7 and a girl.
When my printer is running I want to introduce the fixer to the phony so he'll have some one to ask questions.    ;D

I can't get over, Frigging GOOGLE couldn't help him.   ::)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2022, 03:58:34 PM »
So I have a prusa i3 mk3s+.   

I have some ideas for stuff I want to make, Just because.  Building homes while rewarding, is very boring.   
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2022, 08:30:58 PM »
So I have a prusa i3 mk3s+.   

I have some ideas for stuff I want to make, Just because.  Building homes while rewarding, is very boring.

Needed a new butter dish, it will be done about noon.   ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 01:46:56 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2022, 11:47:29 PM »
My 1st task is to build some stuff for the bow, just have to find the time to design them in cad.  Trying really hard to get homes built.

Its a tinker toy at the moment, dl some stuff to try out.  Still waiting on some filament.  I did find this

I am not much for idea crap, but thats an awesome idea.

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2022, 12:34:32 PM »
It's an amusing PITA.   ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2022, 03:33:38 PM »
Went a head and ordered 2 of the tables and downloaded the print files.  Going to play around with it this weekend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk