Author Topic: Where were you on 9/11/2001?  (Read 3171 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Where were you on 9/11/2001?
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2021, 11:34:00 AM »
I was home that day. I went to the start page on my desktop and by that time the second plane had hit. I turned on the TV, and I remember saying to myself, thousands are going to die today. I'm still amazed it was only just under 3,000.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2021, 11:54:37 AM »
I don't know about YOUR area, but around here unemployment is about 2.5 % (Basically everyone capable of working is working. ) and NO ONE has enough help.
Can't blame it on extra money, that ended the 1st of the year.
We just don't have enough people and it's getting worse with the kids going back to school.

Which numbers are being quoted:

A. Eligible workers, or
B. Workers working vs. workers applying for unemployment benefits?

If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2021, 11:56:55 AM »
I was home that day. I went to the start page on my desktop and by that time the second plane had hit. I turned on the TV, and I remember saying to myself, thousands are going to die today. I'm still amazed it was only just under 3,000.

I can't remember what the reason was, but in the days/weeks that followed they reported that there was some reason the buildings weren't as full as normal on that day.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2021, 05:28:39 PM »
It was early morning but about 17-18k people were in the building at 0845.  About 15K managed to get out before the collapse.  By midday, there would have been close to 50K in the towers…

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1438
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2021, 08:18:50 AM »
Would you mind spreading that story to these idiots today who won't settle for anything less than they had before the COVID layoffs, or those who swear they will quit before they go back to the office, rather than working remote?

Why should they? Good ole Uncle Joe will keep paying them.....with OUR money!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:44:56 AM »

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2021, 08:24:01 AM »
I was in my office and just happened to have a small B/W TV in my office turned on. They came on the air with reports about the first plane. At that point, I went next door to another office that had a bigger TV and watch it as the 2nd plane hit the tower. I turned to the guy beside me and, like a lot of you, said "We are at war".

I am so ashamed of this country for forgetting what happened that day and now, after 20 years, allowing them to basically win.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2021, 03:09:52 PM »
Which numbers are being quoted:

A. Eligible workers, or
B. Workers working vs. workers applying for unemployment benefits?

Good point to put it into context .

It was eligible workers, New claims are rare .
Actually the best thing happening here right now is all the seasonal stuff shutting down so the year round business's can scoff up their employees .

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2021, 08:34:36 PM »
I was in Baton Rouge at a hearing.  I remember the wife calling and saying something about a plane hitting the towers then some of the guys wheeled in a TV just in time to see the 2nd tower get hit.  I immediately called my wife and told her to stock up and hunker down.  There were scenarios of the fuzzy muzzies having developed a strain of ebola and them flying around on planes sick to spread it.  I had just been in 3-4 airports the day before the towers got taken out. 

I remember how quiet it was during the day without the jets flying around.  There is a constant din of noise from those things during the day even in remote areas.

I also remember Bush inviting muzzies to the national day of prayer he had a few days later.  At that point I figured that the populace just didn't get it by including the muzzies...and I was right.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2021, 08:49:28 AM »
I also remember Bush inviting muzzies to the national day of prayer he had a few days later.  At that point, I figured that the populace just didn't get it by including the muzzies...and I was right.

Oh NOOOO. We mustn't offend our dear allies the muzzies! And just where has that gotten us? In the long run, the "muzzies" won. The nation, as we knew it, is LONG GONE.

Now, with the current Administration, it is the worst I have ever seen it. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2021, 05:57:35 PM »
I remember  that day all to well.  That and the next year in the coast guard were both eye opening and terrifying.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk