Author Topic: What are the rules for movie guns  (Read 1715 times)

tombogan03884

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Re: What are the rules for movie guns
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 09:06:09 AM »
As the article said, it's very rare that these accidents happen.  In the US the unions, SAG, AE and IATSE, have plenty of procedures/rules in place.  They just weren't followed. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 02:52:50 PM »
As the article said, it's very rare that these accidents happen.  In the US the unions, SAG, AE and IATSE, have plenty of procedures/rules in place.  They just weren't followed.

People are why coffee needs a warning label.   ::)

This brings up a political question.
Liberals want to make a "MORE PERFECT WORLD" .
How will you do that with the same Fed up people ?
If you put in the same ingredients, you don't get a different cake.
Ask your wives if you're not sure.
Might have her demonstrate.   ;D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 06:31:00 PM »
I have a good idea we need to put to OSHA.  Movie gun regulations and training! 

Why isn't there something concrete on that.  Heck, there is all kind of required training for hazardous jobs out there.  If an actor is going to be around a prop gun he should be trained (TAB, we have another business here training).  He should have a card certifying he was trained to certain minimum standards.  And, of course, an annual refresher course to comply with the new OSHA regulations.

And there ought to be various levels.  One level for actors on the set with a prop gun, another for actors who have a prop gun "pointed at them", another for actors who pick up a prop gun and yet another for actors who actually "fire" a prop gun.  And for those who "fire" a prop gun, an endorsement for machine gun type props and another for destructive device props.  So if an actor with a low level training say...on the set with a prop gun...get's a prop gun pointed at him or he picks one up or whatever he needs additional training certification. 

And that boys and girls, is how you make money on government regulations.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 07:19:14 PM »
I would go back to work for my company, twice before I deal with those liberal ass holes.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:45:40 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 07:57:47 PM »
I would take their money and make them jump through administrative loops for an education in liberalism!
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 11:04:41 AM »
OH yeah, lets jump on more regulations, rule, hoops and hurdles.   [/tongue-in-cheek]

From Taran Tactical. 

"Industry records establish that there have been a total of three(3) firearm deaths on film sets since 1984."

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2021, 12:21:30 PM »
I know the pandemic opened the eyes of several democrats  on exactly how hard it is to buy a gun.  More so in ca. 

Reality, I could careless what some one thinks about guns, but if you make a hard stance on the subject yet get paid large sums of money using one, you need to stfu!
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2021, 07:01:31 AM »
I'm not seeing the reason why movie sets need "special rules" or "protocols" involving guns? It makes absolutely no sense. ANYONE who handles a gun, be they a citizen, cop, military personnel, security guard, hunter, or Hollywood actor, should be trained how to safely handle it, period. Out of that whole bunch I just mentioned, why should actors be the only one's absolved of how to safely check a weapon to see if it is loaded, and observe the 4 rules of gun safety?

It's preposterous they should have a separate set of rules. Whenever you start involving more people to do what only one is required to do, you automatically enlarge the chance for failure, not success. People start to get lazy, and right away start in with all of the, "That's not MY job!", bull$h!t. And we saw what happened when their luck finally ran out.

It doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to open a loading gate, and spin a cylinder. And if we assume that Baldwin was in fact too stupid to perform that action, was he also too stupid to ask someone who was, to show him? The only time guns are dangerous is when people who don't know what they're doing start handling them. If Baldwin proved anything, he sure as hell proved that.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2021, 07:54:58 AM »
I'm not seeing the reason why movie sets need "special rules" or "protocols" involving guns? It makes absolutely no sense. ANYONE who handles a gun, be they a citizen, cop, military personnel, security guard, hunter, or Hollywood actor, should be trained how to safely handle it, period. Out of that whole bunch I just mentioned, why should actors be the only one's absolved of how to safely check a weapon to see if it is loaded, and observe the 4 rules of gun safety?

It's preposterous they should have a separate set of rules. Whenever you start involving more people to do what only one is required to do, you automatically enlarge the chance for failure, not success. People start to get lazy, and right away start in with all of the, "That's not MY job!", bull$h!t. And we saw what happened when their luck finally ran out.

It doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to open a loading gate, and spin a cylinder. And if we assume that Baldwin was in fact too stupid to perform that action, was he also too stupid to ask someone who was, to show him? The only time guns are dangerous is when people who don't know what they're doing start handling them. If Baldwin proved anything, he sure as hell proved that.

Duh.
Because they are dealing with PEOPLE.
And those dumb f@ckers need instuctions on tooth paste tubes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk