Poll

Outside of ammo, do you think we're going to have more widespread shortages over the next several years and possibly beyond?

Yes.
4 (23.5%)
No.
0 (0%)
Yes and food shortages may begin to hit next year.
2 (11.8%)
Yes, food and a lot of other things will be short too.
11 (64.7%)
No.  All of this is temporary.
0 (0%)
No.  There are currently no shortages and there won't be any.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: S H O R T A G E S  (Read 9983 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: S H O R T A G E S
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2021, 08:21:02 PM »
$400 per load increase

What were you paying per load?  How much of an increase is this?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2021, 09:45:57 PM »
$1.76/ mile.  The import fees added about $.50.  Its a 700 ish mile trip.  The block weighs very little, its just bulky.  Comes in a flat bed.  The import fee is just under 500.

So its about a 1/3 increase.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2021, 08:24:19 AM »
CPI (Consumer Price Index) was up 0.8% for the month of November.  That's a 9.6% annual increase, the largest on record for a monthly gain.    https://www.bls.gov/cpi/

Proctor and Gamble has already increased their prices by 10% to get ahead of inflation.  Ditto for McDonalds.

In general virtually all companies are saying they cannot continue to eat price increases and have said they are passing on all the additional costs to the consumer.  And others in addition to the two companies mentioned above, have also stated they are going to get in front of inflation.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2021, 05:33:12 PM »
The second half of your post is the more accurate.  Many have been eating the increase and lowered margins through COVID.  Now that inflation is getting out of control, they are making their moves to cover.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2021, 05:39:17 PM »
Well, I think it was all accurate...and I'll agree that the impending increases are preponderous in nature.  Overwhelming as a whole.  The wailing and gnashing of teeth will ramp up over the next several months.

Elections have consequences.  Stealing elections moreso...evidently.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:21:34 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2021, 06:22:04 PM »
The second half of your post is the more accurate.  Many have been eating the increase and lowered margins through COVID.  Now that inflation is getting out of control, they are making their moves to cover.

this is most likley what has been going on.  it is thier 1st price increase.  fuel has gone up almost $1 since the 1st shipment.  I know they really like me as i have a check waiting for them when they show up.   so they get paid right then and there.  that way they dont have to wait for the month to get it from the broker.   medium sized trucking company with like 25 trucks.

i wish i could say everything has gone smoothly, but customs has  been a bitch. 

that being said, i have 4 other rucking firms chomping at the bit and beatting thier price by $800 on all 3 trucks.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2021, 07:36:07 PM »

Elections have consequences.  Stealing elections moreso...evidently.

If that were true Donald Trump would still be President.

On the other hand , they do get to shear the sheep.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2021, 07:43:53 AM »
I'm trying to figure out - what with inflation everywhere - why gas prices, at least here in the Savannah, GA area - are going down. They were up to the $3.50 range, and are back to the $3 range. I'm thinking the fix is in from the feds, but how?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tombogan03884

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2021, 11:59:08 AM »
I'm trying to figure out - what with inflation everywhere - why gas prices, at least here in the Savannah, GA area - are going down. They were up to the $3.50 range, and are back to the $3 range. I'm thinking the fix is in from the feds, but how?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/dec/9/gop-urges-more-domestic-oil-and-gas-production-off/

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2021, 08:57:46 PM »
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/dec/9/gop-urges-more-domestic-oil-and-gas-production-off/

One very well kept secret I came across this past weekend concerned our rejoining the Paris Accord.  As soon as Biden put us back in, with our pledges and checkbook, his Administration auctioned off oil drilling leases.  To steal from his mentor in energy "Drill baby Drill".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk