Author Topic: True battle rifle (Ishapore .308)  (Read 18649 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
True battle rifle (Ishapore .308)
« on: September 21, 2008, 09:18:23 AM »
Just so ya know I classify battle rifles as the Grand, Enfield Mauser etc.  The newer stuff like the AK, M15, M16 etc. I consider as Assault Rifles.

Before cleaning

After cleaning, light sanding to the wood and a couple of coats of Thompson's water seal.

All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
Re: True battle rifle (Ishapore .308)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 09:21:51 AM »
Wow. Nice rifle.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »
Wow. Nice rifle.

That's my $170 C&R rifle I told you about.  12 round detachable MAGAZINE.

The Ishapore is acually an Enfield 2A that was rebuilt for 7.62 NATO rounds.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

mnshooter

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 10:10:34 AM »
I like this rifle, and have recommended it to others on this forum.  It is the best buy in a .308 rifle.
Every source I have seen states that these were not rebuilds, but rather built from new receivers made from better steel to hold up to the .308 pressures; only the design and production tooling was old school.
I'm always interested in new information, so could you site your source for the rebuild statement?
Happy shooting.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 10:17:15 AM »
I like this rifle, and have recommended it to others on this forum.  It is the best buy in a .308 rifle.
Every source I have seen states that these were not rebuilds, but rather built from new receivers made from better steel to hold up to the .308 pressures; only the design and production tooling was old school.
I'm always interested in new information, so could you site your source for the rebuild statement?
Happy shooting.

MNSShooter,

No real source.  Just my way of saying built on the 2A pattern with original machines at the Ishapore Factory.

Yes, new steel and will shoot either 7.62 NATO or .308 Win.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:01:42 PM »

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 11:17:35 AM »
I like em too. Nice shooters and accurate. You did a good job on the clean-up. You might also like the 1916 Spainish Mauser in 308. They make nice bolt guns, but they're getting hard to find.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 10:20:26 AM »
nice. Man, I GOTTA get my C&R........... ::)
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 01:35:22 PM »
Request e-mailed!  Now we'll see what it is like to do this right in the middle of an election.

These collection builders are hard to come by in our area.  Everyone says they are all over, but not in our corner of the state, and with my job it is hard to get to the Cities for the shows up there.

If this works out my banker and wife's divorce attorney may be talking to you ;)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 01:41:12 PM »
Request e-mailed!  Now we'll see what it is like to do this right in the middle of an election.

These collection builders are hard to come by in our area.  Everyone says they are all over, but not in our corner of the state, and with my job it is hard to get to the Cities for the shows up there.

If this works out my banker and wife's divorce attorney may be talking to you ;)

Got lots of links to Online Sellers.

REMEMBER DO NOT SIGN THE ORIGINAL!!!!!!!!!!

You need to make copies, sign them and send them to the companies (SOG, AIM, Etc.)  Also always have a blank in your wallet.  Many places will give you a 'dealer' discount (Midway USA does as well as Cabellas).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk