Author Topic: True battle rifle (Ishapore .308)  (Read 18655 times)

Scott Moore

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: True battle rifle (Ishapore .308)
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 02:07:05 AM »
Hazcat,
Don’t want to be too picky but you mentioned an AR15 as an assault rifle . . . hate to split hairs but generally the Shooting Industry defines an assault rifle having full-auto capabilities (there are other criteria but this is the one that is the main tipping point). The Industry prefers the term semi-auto sporting rifle. We have to be careful not to play into the liberal media’ false definitions
J. Scott Moore
Columnist - Downrange.tv

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 03:46:40 AM »
Hazcat,
Don’t want to be too picky but you mentioned an AR15 as an assault rifle . . . hate to split hairs but generally the Shooting Industry defines an assault rifle having full-auto capabilities (there are other criteria but this is the one that is the main tipping point). The Industry prefers the term semi-auto sporting rifle. We have to be careful not to play into the liberal media’ false definitions

I am too picky.  ;D  The first AR-15s were select-fire assault rifles, but I see your point. I sometimes call the semi-auto versions of assault rifles "militia rifles" and think every American should own at least one. I prefer AR-15s but will likely get an AK-47 type some day. These rifles are definately not Main Battle Rifles in either select fire or semi-auto form.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 06:37:14 AM »
Hazcat,

I too am picky and I did not mention AR15 in my post.  It says "AK, M15 (typo should be M14) and M16", no mention of AR15.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 08:01:39 AM »
Since we're being picky, the M14 is a battle rifle, not an assault rifle, since it uses a high-power rifle cartridge like the Ishy, not an intermediate sized cartridge like an M16.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 08:09:37 AM »
But it's a select fire, that's why I put it with assault fifle.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:44:59 PM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 869
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2008, 04:00:35 PM »
Big brown envelope arrived today from ATF.  Looked back, and it was the 22nd when I requested, postage meter stamp is 24th, and I picked it up today.  It might have been here on Saturday, but I didn't pick the mail up then. 

Tonight will be filling out forms, and back to the feds tomorrow.  Most of this stuff looks just like what you fill out to buy a gun.  Should be a cake walk, but I think I'll double check the instructions anyway (really tough being of the male persuasion).
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2008, 04:25:03 PM »
M58

go here http://www.familyfriendsfirearms.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-31304.html

scroll to the bottom and read the last post.  It explains it real well.

It also has a list of Milsurp / C&R dealers.

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2008, 06:47:38 PM »
Excellent real world info. Never saw that before. Haz, you Da Man!
Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 869
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2008, 07:09:57 PM »
Thanks Haz!

Nice site.

>:( Rat-en-fratten Damn Sox !  Why can't they just lay down and die so we can fly to Tampa.  Now it looks like we gotta go to Chi Town first (hopefully) >:(
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2008, 01:20:56 AM »
Thanks Haz!

Nice site.

>:( Rat-en-fratten Damn Sox !  Why can't they just lay down and die so we can fly to Tampa.  Now it looks like we gotta go to Chi Town first (hopefully) >:(

:P ;D ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk