Author Topic: Gun broker blues....  (Read 3993 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Gun broker blues....
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2022, 02:12:06 PM »
Yes, it also adds time if you try and snipe it.  I wish eBay would do that.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2022, 02:55:09 PM »
Doesn't Gun Broker have the bid feature where you put in your highest bid, and it only applies it in increments needed to either be highest/win, or run others up until you max out?

I'm pretty sure there is a time delay as well.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2022, 03:03:55 PM »
Yes, it also adds time if you try and snipe it.  I wish eBay would do that.

In the past, I haven't used if for YEARs, if you were live bidding Ebay would give others a few minutes past the last bid to respond.  I recall some auctions going hours over due to live bidding.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2022, 07:02:33 PM »
One hour left.  Currently $2,575.

Bid it up.  Get it.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2022, 08:07:36 PM »
There's a bidding war going on. The time was extended.  5 minutes left and $3,250.

Go Tab Go

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:02:05 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2022, 09:34:02 PM »
Way too much for me

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2022, 07:33:29 AM »
Cheapskate....    ;D

So I have STAYED AWAY from Gunbroker for several months.  I don't work anymore (for a paycheck anyway) and I don't want to be spending my retirement.  BUT...because of your post I got back on the insidious thing.

So...I'm kinda looking for a Winchester 9422M with a pistol grip stock.  I bought a 9422 way back around 1981 and I liked it for carrying in the swamp with me to dispatch furbearers caught in my traps.  I got one in 22 mag with the brass receiver once and ended up giving it to my middle son...it had a straight stock not a pistol grip but it was really nice.

I finally gave in and got a 9417 in 17 HMR with a pistol grip stock.  But...I still want a 9422M so I can have a 9422 style in all the calibers it was offered in.  So because of YOU Tab I started looking at Gunbroker again.

This is what I found:  https://www.gunbroker.com/item/921850109  It's more than I want to spend but they probably won't come down any.

Guess who high bidder is?  The same guy who paid $3,250 for the Browning you wanted.  Wonderful....just wonderful. 

Six days left.  No way am I going to bid until the last minute....if I am going to bid.  I am hoping his cash is a bit short right now but when I look him up he's been paying top dollar on his bids the last few months or so.  So..if I bid now he may run up the price....if I wait and hit it 16 minutes before the end I might get lucky. 

Or maybe I just pay the buy it now at $2,200....I hope the stock market goes up today.  Not real likely this correction is over though.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2022, 07:57:07 AM »
Dadgummit TAB.  You need a butt whipping for even mentioning Gunbroker.  I made a bid for this:  https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/922218980

The very best trigger I have is on a CZ 550 FS in 270.  They don't make these things anymore...just like the Winchester 9422 series.  The price has gone up...getting this one for under $1,200 would be really good.  And...obviously it's a better build than a 9422.

To make things worse....there is this to bid as well:  https://www.gunbroker.com/item/917653728

Well...retirement money in the bank is losing 15% a year to inflation right now....I gotta look at this as an investment.

Dadgum you TAB....

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1422
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2022, 08:14:39 AM »
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/917653728

Well...retirement money in the bank is losing 15% a year to inflation right now....I gotta look at this as an investment.

Dadgum you TAB....

Yes, a GOOD investment but will be VERY HARD to part with should the time come. (IMHO)
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2022, 10:39:00 AM »
Dadgummit TAB.  You need a butt whipping for even mentioning Gunbroker.  I made a bid for this:  https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/922218980

The very best trigger I have is on a CZ 550 FS in 270.  They don't make these things anymore...just like the Winchester 9422 series.  The price has gone up...getting this one for under $1,200 would be really good.  And...obviously it's a better build than a 9422.

To make things worse....there is this to bid as well:  https://www.gunbroker.com/item/917653728

Dadgum you TAB....

Haha.   I try

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk