Author Topic: lets take gun belts.  (Read 2835 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: lets take gun belts.
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2022, 07:49:15 PM »
I started with Hank close to six years ago when my EDC was a Glock 27.  It worked well, but the Glock is a fairly small gun.  Then I upgraded to a Sig P226 as my EDC.  That's a full-sized piece.  My Hank worked well in combination with a 1776 holster that I carry on my right hip.  I still use use either my black or brown, eight or nine year old (maybe ten years old by now) Hank for EDC, switching between the two colors to match whatever I happen to be wearing on that particular day. Both belts are holding up well, and although they no longer look "new," they don't look shabby, either.

FWIW,
Crusader Rabbit

For me its always a 1911.   Its either a 5" delta, gold cup or a combat commander( shoulder holster  being a skiny guy a 5" prints. So I need that 4.25" barrel.)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2022, 03:35:39 PM »
I got torn apart by Pincus here, when he was around.  My belief is that any belt can be a gun belt.  How you dress, what you carry, and how you carry it determines what works and doesn't work.  A lightweight dress belt will not hold an OWB 1911 or any full size, but IWB any belt can hold the gun and holster in place.

Swinging back...I agree with the IWB and any belt can hold it.  You said what I should have.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2022, 12:33:09 PM »
leather belts for competition lost favor to the synthetics due to changing Florida weather, but I shot one of these fancy stitched Milt Spark belts, and a brown basket weave 1AT holster for about 3 years in the early 80s, and continued to wear it for daily wear for the next 30+ years as a classroom teacher... regards Les

https://www.miltsparks.com/belts/

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2022, 09:26:18 PM »
Les, good to see you are still around. 

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2022, 08:06:07 AM »
After fifteen years my trusty gun belt failed....broke at the fold where the buckle attaches. It was the Galco-style with the lazy stitch.
This time I wanted a wider belt (the old one was 1 1/2") so I did some shopping and I ordered a harness leather belt from a guy on ebay. The guy has 100% positive rating and makes them on an as-ordered basis.
After a month of use, I can say it is a quality belt. I ordered the 1 3/4" width and it is at, or near, 1/4" thick.
This belt is as rigid as a barrel hoop (what I was looking for) and there is no sag, even with a top-heavy OWB holster. You can buckle it and roll it across the floor like a hula hoop. Longevity remains to be seen as I've only been wearing it for a month, but I expect it to last a good while. I may order several colors since it was only $40 shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/str/beltshandmadeleatherbymark?_trksid=p2047675.m145687.l149086

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:54:58 AM »

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2022, 01:40:30 PM »
Rastus... thank you...been shooting a lot of Steel Challenge format... 4 practice sessions, 3 Steel Challenge match, + 1 Rimfire Challenge match (pistol and rifle) a month.... broke a hammer last month, and heavy duty firing pin... .22lr is hard on parts... and wallet... about 1200 rounds a month... Les

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2022, 05:49:13 PM »
Broke a hammer?  What gun?

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2022, 04:27:08 PM »
Rastus ... sorry for the late reply... I shoot a SBR'd AR lower for Steel Challenge and the long serving trigger group was used with the .22 conversion...the hammer was a RRA NM, and the dis connector arm broke off... I replaced it with a LaRue MBT... I really like the flat front surface of the MBT... it gives me a precise shot break

Wladas

• The Safe Keeper
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2022, 09:48:55 AM »
When choosing a leather belt, the main thing is not to make a mistake with the manufacturer and choose a quality one. It is better if the skin's surface (single or both) is not processed.
According to my observations, if the surface of the skin is not processed, then the leather belt is worn longer.
Favorite Shop - The Safe Keeper - Home & Gun Safes with Nationwide Shipping

garand4life

• Top Forum Member
    • My Blog
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2022, 05:00:46 PM »
I have a leather belt made by 5.11 designed to support carrying IWB or OWB and it's been great. It looks very traditional but is reinforced in the right places to provide additional stability. Unfortunately, over time it's started to give at the eyelets and just can't take the day-today work any more. I ordered another one but also ordered a belt from WeThePeople hoslters that is a more "tacti-cool" black with the Talon buckle. It's become my everyday belt for work since it's under my shirt and out of sight. But my new 5.11 leather belt will be more for those occasions where it might be more noticeable.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
"If you know your enemy is bringing a gun to the fight, bring 2..."
http://www.youtube.com/natetinstman  -
Save $10 on your NRA membership by going to http://garand4life.wordpress.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk