Author Topic: Favorite Recipes  (Read 53365 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Favorite Recipes
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2009, 03:59:30 PM »

I'm there with you.  In fact, I'll buy the first round.  Mine has something to do with an unattended highway patrol car, but I can't say anymore...............not 100% sure the statute of limitations has expired.

Ya know, if we all ever get together it's gonna be a LOOOOONG night and a hurtin' next day.  ;)

(but I'm up for it anyway!  ;D )
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

SwoopSJ

• November 12, 1978 - November 2, 2011
  • DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Love thy neighbor.
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2009, 04:01:36 PM »
Never had duck that tasted worth a damn.  

Try placing a mixture of brown sugar, maple syrup, lemon juice, and a little butter between the meat and skin of the duck.  Surround your bird with a mix of frozen assorted berries, a little brown sugar, and either slow gin or Capt. Morgan's.  Baste with the berry juice as it bakes.  The liquid should reduce enough to use as a sauce, but if not, you can always us a little arrowroot or cornstarch.  I'm not much of a duck fan either, the exception being when the quacker is prepared in this manner.

Swoop

"...to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."  --Richard H. Lee

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2009, 04:04:26 PM »
Ya know, if we all ever get together it's gonna be a LOOOOONG night and a hurtin' next day.  ;)

(but I'm up for it anyway!  ;D )

There'll be plenty of time for sleep when we're dead.   ;D
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1064
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2009, 04:48:24 PM »
Try placing a mixture of brown sugar, maple syrup, lemon juice, and a little butter between the meat and skin of the duck.  Surround your bird with a mix of frozen assorted berries, a little brown sugar, and either slow gin or Capt. Morgan's.  Baste with the berry juice as it bakes.  The liquid should reduce enough to use as a sauce, but if not, you can always us a little arrowroot or cornstarch.  I'm not much of a duck fan either, the exception being when the quacker is prepared in this manner.

Swoop

Hey Swoop, homemade jelly works well in this situation also.   

Man, I'm gettin' hungry.

8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2009, 05:05:14 PM »
Seems to me I've seen kangaroo jerky available.  Buffalo is good.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Sponsor

« Reply #105 on: Today at 10:40:19 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2009, 05:14:43 PM »
Right now I got some Hot Sausage for sammiches cookin.

Brown up some hot sausage (don't worry about cooking through, just brown 'em) (big links like brats) place to the side,

Slice onions, green pepper, garlic, into pan to brown (just a bit).  Place all of that in a big enough pan or pot.  Add tomatoe product (crushed, diced, whatever), some red wine, mushrooms and chilie peppers (jalapinos, poblanos, whatever), salt, pepper and let simmer for at least one hour (or to thickness disired).

Eat as a sammich on a roll or put it in a bow,l fork hunks of sausage and 'stuff' into yer pie hole and dip yer bread.   

YUM!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tt11758

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2009, 05:18:44 PM »
Right now I got some Hot Sausage for sammiches cookin.

Brown up some hot sausage (don't worry about cooking through, just brown 'em) (big links like brats) place to the side,

Slice onions, green pepper, garlic, into pan to brown (just a bit).  Place all of that in a big enough pan or pot.  Add tomatoe product (crushed, diced, whatever), some red wine, mushrooms and chilie peppers (jalapinos, poblanos, whatever), salt, pepper and let simmer for at least one hour (or to thickness disired).

Eat as a sammich on a roll or put it in a bow,l fork hunks of sausage and 'stuff' into yer pie hole and dip yer bread.   

YUM!

What time should I be there?   ;D

Timothy

« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2009, 05:21:37 PM »

What time should I be there?   ;D

From Sioux City to St. Pete?  I'd say about 25 hours.....don't stop to pee! ;D

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »

What time should I be there?   ;D

C'mon down, Brother.  There will be left overs and it's always better the 2nd day!  ;)

tt11758

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2009, 05:33:40 PM »
C'mon down, Brother.  There will be left overs and it's always better the 2nd day!  ;)

You'll be surprised one of these days when I show up at your door.  ;D

Of course I WILL announce myself and stand off to the side of the door......just to be safe.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk