Author Topic: New 4th Generation Glock?  (Read 65593 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New 4th Generation Glock?
« on: November 17, 2008, 08:44:54 PM »
Well, well, well.....what do we have here.... I saw this on one of those "other forums" and it is being touted as Glock's newest gun...... any idea if it has any merit or is it just internet rumor?

SayUncle says it will debut at the next SHOT Show:
http://www.saysuncle.com/archives/2008/11/17/fourth-generation-glock-follow-up/

Good grief:
http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=2105.0
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: New 4th Generation Glock?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 08:46:24 PM »
Couldn't be... they are perfect... just ask glock or its fanboys.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 09:46:28 PM »
did they get rid of those useless finger grip grooves? I don't know whose hand they used for a model, but it isn't even close for my hand.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 10:54:11 PM »
That has more dimples than a golf ball. Probably made from the same plastic too.  ;D  You may need to add a box of toothpicks to your gun cleaning kit to keep all those cavities clean. But I'll have to check them out. I need more guns.

It was "Glock Perfection" then they changed it again and again and again. Now it's something different but they still say it's perfect.  ???  How can that be?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 11:04:51 PM »
I wonder if they fixed the fring of the gun to field strip.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:50:35 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 11:31:34 PM »

I was really shocked the first time I heard about that. It seems to go against the safety rules I learned about guns.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 11:41:21 PM »
I was really shocked the first time I heard about that. It seems to go against the safety rules I learned about guns.

its reason enough for me not to buy another one...

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 05:36:50 AM »
Since when is a minor change in the external finish a "revision"?   Yes, they revised their molds, but it's not like they've added a de-cocker or something truly new.

Will 5th gen be a tan or green frame? 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TSB

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 06:10:26 AM »
Just plain ugly!  Keep it.....

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 07:58:19 AM »

If people would actually READ the owners manual for the Glocks it says to only move the slide back slightly less than 1/4 in and pull the pins down to strip it.  The problem is most people pull it back to far and it cocks it.  I have straipped mine 100s of times and only have to pull the trigger when I'm in a hurry.

Besides isn't the first rule of cleaning a gun making absolutely sure there is no ammunition in it/around it?  If you follow the rules you shouldn't have to worry about pulling the trigger to get the slide off.

BTW I don't think the dimpled grip would be all that good.  I think it would make it slick and hard to hold onto.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk