Author Topic: hi cap 45  (Read 10015 times)

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: hi cap 45
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 07:23:59 PM »
havent seen a waist in years. made the mistake of asking for a iwb holster for my glock 23 for  christmas found out theres not enough room lol
Hilarious! I just got mine back the past few month, walking 20 miles a week. I found that I can use paddle holsters and mag holders again. I'd avoided a few matches just because my holsters got uncomfortable.

Timothy

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 07:54:18 PM »
havent seen a waist in years. made the mistake of asking for a iwb holster for my glock 23 for  christmas found out theres not enough room lol

;D  Already plenty inside the waist band around here!  But I'm trying....In my own defense, I did get run over by a van so excersize hurts for more than one reason... ::)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 09:21:46 PM »
Thread drift ::)
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 09:44:30 PM »
Drift back to the middle.

Since you own a Glock and like it, my 1st choice is the model 21, reliable, accurate and 13 + 1, even now mags are not ( wince ) too expensive. 25-30 bucks. I have had one for a long time, and it is my favorite go to, pistol, on the street, at home and in the field, not perfect, but as perfect as I can find. My next suggestion is a Para Ordnance P14, now available with 15 + 1 capacity, mine is an LDA model, limited with adjustable AO sights, I don't have big hands, but the big frame feels fine in them. I would like to play with the XD 45 and the M&P .45, but have not, You have an H&K and they make fine .45 pistols, but cost of the pistol and cost of magazines are high. They are also larger than the aforementioned, but if your familiar with them, might fit you. I think the Glock is the best fit for you, on the information you've given us. But if you just want to try something different, then the world is your oyster, but in these times, I would stick to what I'm familiar with, and can get magazines for.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 10:03:40 PM »
Are the Glock mags still out there?

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:57:17 AM »

weatherbyman

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 11:00:20 PM »
thanks everyone for there input. the mags fot the hk are ridiculous your are right. Ill have to get up to sportsmans and get a 21 in my hands next to the para and m&p and xd

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 01:28:42 AM »
If people dont start using the term standard capacity, I think Bane might go into Haz's "clip" mode.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

*p.s. GLOCK!  ;)

Properly speaking in a 1911 it would be" Hi cap" , in a Glock it would be "standard capacity". And since the OP doesn't care for 1911's, a Glock would be my suggestion.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 08:52:29 AM »
don't forget the smith 3rd gens... They are very nice and can be found both new and as LE trade ins.    Many large police forces use them vs other guns as they are all steal.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 09:09:22 AM »
Are the Glock mags still out there?

Yep,

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/

* I suggest only buying OEM mags...... Have heard that the Scherer mags are a crap shoot if you will get a good one or not, so as far as high cap (25+ rounds) you will be limited to the 9mm 33 rounders.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1123
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 05:38:57 PM »
I have 3 double stack .45s. All 3 are Paras and one is an LDA. If you don't want a 1911 you should still try an LDA. I don't know anyone who's tried the Light Double Action trigger and doesn't like it. Magazine capacity is 14 on the full-size gun.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk