Author Topic: When is downrange Radio posted for 2/25  (Read 9179 times)

tnroadrunner

• Very Active Forum Member
    • LubeDealer.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
When is downrange Radio posted for 2/25
« on: February 25, 2009, 07:25:16 AM »
When will podcast be posted?
Bob
It's always a great day, if you don't believe me try missing one.
NRA, TFA, IDPA, 3 GUN
AMSOIL Dealer
www.lubedealer.com/rgraflube

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Re: When is downrange Radio posted for 2/25
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 09:38:15 AM »
Should be up around 10AM Central.  :D

tnroadrunner

• Very Active Forum Member
    • LubeDealer.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 09:42:08 AM »
thanks
Bob
It's always a great day, if you don't believe me try missing one.
NRA, TFA, IDPA, 3 GUN
AMSOIL Dealer
www.lubedealer.com/rgraflube

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 10:20:44 AM »

This week, Michael mourns the loss of one of the greatest holstermakers ever, Lou Alessi. Lou died last week after a battle with cancer. Michael also talks about a long-delayed 1911 10mm project and, finally ends with a rant on how rights get chipped away.

http://www.downrange.tv/radio/99.htm

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 11:23:01 AM »
MB, I still think you went overboard about the NG thing in Iowa. Traveling to "real" training sights costs time and money. This is a NATIONAL GUARD unit, they have 1 weekend a month to do their training.
Additionally, There would be no erosion of civil rights because according to your original post searches would be limited to the homes of people who had PREVIOUSLY volunteered to participate. (Soldiers will knock only at households that have agreed to participate in the drill, Kots noted.) I'm not saying it's wrong to distrust Washington, but while you are hyperventilating over training for guys who will eventually be going back to Iraq or Afghanistan the REAL threat will come from DEA and ATFE.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:34:25 PM »

jpr9954

• Active Forum Member
    • No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 04:31:28 PM »
You asked for feedback on the new microphone. It made you sound distant like you were at the back of a room or something. The other thing it did was amplify the scratchiness of your voice. I'm not sure if you're getting over a cold or not but it sure sounded that way.

As to the Iowa ANG, I do NOT think you went overboard. They needed to be called on that and I'm glad you did.
So-called gun-free zones are nothing but hunting preserves for psychopaths that hunt humans. -- Massad Ayoob

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com

Co-host of The Polite Society Podcast

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 06:29:12 PM »
Agree with jpr, not Tom (for the first time I think). Microphone sucked, made you sound higher pitched, like a $9.95 Radio-Shack microphone that comes with a tape recorder. I was able to adjust using the equalizer in the car, but still . . .

IA NG - I agree, you fall back on your training. I am waiting for the opportune moment to ask the LEOs I'm currently in class with (free orientation to the Country Sheriff's Dept.) if they would obey an order to confiscate arms for any reason.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 07:32:58 PM »
<snip> Soldiers will knock only at households that have agreed to participate in the drill, Kots noted. <snip>

So I believe Kots, whoever that is?   :-X 

We're from the government and we're here to help  you.   :P

So what is it that says our "guys" are going to be different from the "guys" in the country where they did go after citizens.  Different morals in the youngsters now over when I came up.  Maybe blunted severely by the leadership, but we are on borrowed time if we don't stop this sort of thing.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 08:36:49 PM »
By the way, MB, at first I thought that was John Hartford....memories of the "Steam Powered Aereo-Plain" and "The Steamboat Whistle Blues" (not to mention the infamous "Boogie") came flooding back. 

Maybe time for a lead-in someday by the Bellamy Brothers?  I'm thinking you could link Pelosi to the wet t-shirt song or do a take-off on Redneck Girl.  How about some Michael Martin Murphy...????...Geronimo's Cadillac?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 08:55:02 PM »
Mic did suck, although I couldn't tell it on the computer sound!

Sorry...I'll go back to the my other portable mic. I was on the road, and I'm always trying to find the easiest way to record. Apparently the easiest sounds sucky.

Tom, I'm gonna stand by my NG rant, not because I think you're wrong but because I fear precedent more than almost any other thing. If there hadn't been an outcry, some weasel in D.C. would have dutifully noted that the "public" didn't seem to mind a major intrusion into their rights. That would have been passed up through the ranks until some liberal scumbag read the report and said, "HMMMMMM...I wonder just how high we can turn up the temperature on the frog?" This has happened so many times in the past I can't even begin to count. The only thing these people fear is being dragged out from under their rocks into the sunlight.

So yes, the rant was overwrought, but I thought it needed to be overwrought because of who would ultimately be reading the reports on the exercise.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk