Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 128944 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #310 on: August 20, 2020, 09:19:32 PM »
Got a little side distraction today.  I set one of my monitors on the security cameras (4 of them) that used to give a view of our north truck lot and exterior of the shop.  Now they just show the inside of our new freezer that is under construction (25,000 sq ft).  I have watched footings, foundation walls, five feet of compacted fill, steel framework, insulated panels, couldn't watch roof because cameras are aimed down, and glycol lines all going on.  Monday I turned the system on and saw that they had poured the grout on Saturday.  Tuesday and Wednesday were spent laying vapor barrier and foam board, and setting tube forms around all the uprights to isolate them from the slab.  Today they came in with the laser screed and riding finishers.  This is the first time I have watched a laser screed in operation, and it is damn impressive.

Jump to about the three minute point for the action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65YL4f2jIGY

They started pumping about 0830, and when I left at 1600, they were about 2/3 done with the pour and screed, the three riders were following very close, and the final finish rider was almost to the half way point.  Tomorrow I will look at the replay to see when they finished.  925 yards poured and finished in one day!  Not rough finish, this is glass smooth.

I said "WOW" to our CFO on my way out the door this afternoon, and he said schedule is for the boom lift and scissor lifts to be in on Monday to start running refrigerant lines and hanging units.  Once the units are hung, the racking will be stacked in, the final wall sections will be put in, and the building will be sealed for the final installations.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #311 on: August 21, 2020, 09:48:36 AM »
COOL !
Thanks for sharing that one.
Beats hell out of 2 guys and a board .   ;D

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #312 on: August 24, 2020, 05:11:31 PM »
I hate to try and get this back on topic.

FederalPremium.com has American Eagle 9mm 115gr this afternoon.  $18.00/50. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: August 27, 2020, 11:13:26 AM »
UPDATE:   Federal Premium web site.

They have some stuff always available, .32ACP, .327Mag.  And usually once or twice a week they have 9mm and .38spl available you just have to keep checking.   I'm only looking for American Eagle, so it's easy for me to check.  Just refresh page and sort by "Available".

It's taking 3 weeks from order to my house.  Last order was 8/6 which arrived today.

Will work for ammo

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #314 on: August 27, 2020, 11:50:40 AM »
Cheapest m193 i can find is $.68/ shot

10 mm is 10 cents cheaper than 9 mm luger.   45 acp is 20 cents cheaper and its win white box.  Vs some brand i have never heard of.    I am glad i roll my own, and i have a good supple of everything other than 556.   Which i can not find brass for.   I have primers, powder and bullets.  Just only about 200 cases.  I gave away my brass when we moved as it was dirty needed tp be sorted amd i did not want to move it.   Other than a few odd balls/ hunting rifles i have 10k plus of factory and/ or my reloads of everything i would like to shoot.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #315 on: Today at 01:22:28 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: August 27, 2020, 02:24:55 PM »
Primers are as unavailable as ammo right now.  Maybe more so.  Got a laugh on another forum when a guy said he was going to start reloading because of the ammo shortage.   Oops, that horse already left the barn buddy.

I've settled on reloads for practice and  factory ammo for matches.  My current ammo sponsor (me) doesn't pay very well, so on the highly unlikely event I win a match I could conceivably hit up the factory ammo company for sponsorship.  A shirt maybe?

Will work for ammo

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #316 on: August 28, 2020, 08:41:55 AM »
Cheapest m193 i can find is $.68/ shot

I am glad i roll my own, and i have a good supple of everything other than 556.   Which i can not find brass for.   I have primers, powder and bullets.  Just only about 200 cases.
TAB, I got this in a email, might want to hurry it will go fast.
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/dept/reloading/rifle-brass/223-remington?instock=true&trk_msg=12T85RGKT6S41F5LN8TU63GSPK&trk_contact=J2RR325KASKEF52TPND9MR6ABC&trk_sid=QBDQG6D56Q4NCF5MV59J45CBDK&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=turn+on+images+to+shop+in+stock+223+brass&utm_campaign=Reloading+Essentials+Just+For+You!
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #317 on: August 28, 2020, 10:17:25 AM »
Alf... your new mantra....  Mark7 ,  Mark7 , Mark 7 

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: August 28, 2020, 01:56:21 PM »
Alf... your new mantra....  Mark7 ,  Mark7 , Mark 7

Federal Primers....hmmmm.    Federal Primers....hmmmm.   Federal Primers....hmmmmm.
Will work for ammo

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #319 on: August 29, 2020, 01:59:10 PM »
Found some!  Starline  556. Bought 3k pieces( all they had) at .22/ each.  Should be delivered  on the 5th
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk