Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 128179 times)

Hottrockin

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Be wise, use every advantage!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« on: March 11, 2009, 06:31:17 PM »
Perhaps a thread for updating ammo availability as they come along?

Ammunition To Go >>>  http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/ seems to have gotten in a new shipment and have some nice offerings; .380 ACP, 9MM, 40 S&W as well as some .223 / 5.56 stuff you and your "friend" my wanna munch on!

I've ordered from this site and they seemed very good in correspondence, billing & timeliness.  Maybe we can ALL keep each other informed of his and / or her preferred website for ammo updates / availability?

keep havin’ fun and send’em down range responsibly

NRA Member

tombogan03884

Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:41:11 PM »
NO 7.62X39

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 07:57:18 PM »
Cabela's had some new bulk in the KC store, including some upper-tier defensive loads in bulk in 9, 40 and 45.  I saw 223 and x39, too. 

I was on the way to the airport, I hope there is still some left when I get back :-\

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything.... :-X
"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 06:48:36 AM »
One of the local shops has a couple of cases of PMC Bronze in .223, 55gr FMJ, about 46 cents per round - obviously retail but on the shelf. I'm not familiar with PMC Bronze, can anyone help here, is this a decent rount?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SwoopSJ

• November 12, 1978 - November 2, 2011
  • DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Love thy neighbor.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 07:00:51 AM »
I feel like Christmas just came around again.  The 1000 rounds of .223 I ordered in Oct/Nov, was just shipped yesterday.  Also, it only cost me $256!    :o  Of course that's   because I ordered it before the real ammo shortage set in and it is Wolf.  My M&P 15T eats the stuff with no problems though, so hurray for me!   ;D  Time to go load up a few clips... errr... mags and send some down range.

Swoop

"...to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."  --Richard H. Lee

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:43:26 AM »

atmiller

• Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 07:16:12 AM »
I feel like Christmas just came around again.  The 1000 rounds of .223 I ordered in Oct/Nov, was just shipped yesterday.  Also, it only cost me $256!    :o  Of course that's   because I ordered it before the real ammo shortage set in and it is Wolf.  My M&P 15T eats the stuff with no problems though, so hurray for me!   ;D  Time to go load up a few clips... errr... mags and send some down range.

Swoop

Sportsman's Guide had 1000 rounds of .223 for $261 right now. 

atmiller

• Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 07:18:51 AM »
$299 for 1000 rounds of Wolf .223 at local shop.  They have a couple of pallets available, along with pallets of other brands and calibers.  No ammo shortage here, except for Wal Mart. 

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 07:29:16 AM »
One of the local shops has a couple of cases of PMC Bronze in .223, 55gr FMJ, about 46 cents per round - obviously retail but on the shelf. I'm not familiar with PMC Bronze, can anyone help here, is this a decent rount?

It's pretty good ammo, the only thing is it's kinda sooty. But, runs great in my M&P
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

SwoopSJ

• November 12, 1978 - November 2, 2011
  • DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Love thy neighbor.
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 09:07:50 AM »
I had a brain fart during my last post, which seem to be coming more and more frequently.  (The brain farts not the posts, unfortunately)  I paid $236, so I'm even happier now.  I guess ammo hasn't gone up that much in the last few months... if you can find it.

Swoop

"...to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."  --Richard H. Lee

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 11:53:46 AM »
 Midway Wolf 7.62X39 $350+ /1000 sold out no back order.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk