Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 128958 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »
Went to gander mountain today and they had tons of stuff, 762.39 .223 etc. A lot of it on sale.
I'd check them out.
fightingquaker13

Hottrockin

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Be wise, use every advantage!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 06:07:12 PM »
Awesome ~fightingquaker13~! Glad ya found some deals!  Keep'em comin' dudes & dudettes!
NRA Member

mosbear

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2009, 04:30:49 PM »
Just got two bricks of CCI Standard Velocity in .22lr for the same price as usual, $28 a brick. This store got most of the ammo on the shelves. The prices remain fairly stable for at least four month. The other stores charge way more. Walmart is empty where I leave, but I bought 9mm recently at another Walmart 30 miles further down the road. Go figure!

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »
It is hit and miss around here. Strangest places have ammo to where the popular spots do not.  ???

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2009, 04:57:59 PM »
Still dry in my neighbor hood
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 07:57:51 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2009, 11:49:35 PM »
It is hit and miss around here. Strangest places have ammo to where the popular spots do not.  ???

Cause no one thinks to go to "strangest places ". ;D
Here in Laconia, the local GS never had much ammo on hand, no cases of anything, but it is on the water and geared more toward that, his prices have always been real high but he has not gone up much, from $7.50/ box of 20 wolf 7.62X39 to $8 in the past year. His selection is a little thinner.
At the range they can't keep up with demand for cases of .223 and 7.62X39, .223 1000Rds $545 only one left today No bulk 7.62. Pistol ammo is a little better, Fiocchi .45ACP $2250/box 9mm $17/box. I haven't checked Wally world but will do so soon and report.
Getting guns is a problem for the range, they are a Glock dealer and while I was there they called 4 distributors,ONE had some of the stuff they were looking for, but not all models, No Ruger GP 100's to be had, which stunk as that was what I was after. He told me to try back next week.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 04:41:34 AM »

Getting guns is a problem for the range, they are a Glock dealer and while I was there they called 4 distributors,ONE had some of the stuff they were looking for, but not all models, No Ruger GP 100's to be had, which stunk as that was what I was after. He told me to try back next week.

Yeah, what is up with the gp-100 thing? I am considering trading in my Blackhawk in on one and they are damn scarce, particularly used. They can't be an AWB panic buy, I wouldn't think, and they'r too big to be ccw driven Is Ruger cutting back on production? I'm curious.
fightingquaker13

tombogan03884

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 10:58:52 AM »
Yeah, what is up with the gp-100 thing? I am considering trading in my Blackhawk in on one and they are damn scarce, particularly used. They can't be an AWB panic buy, I wouldn't think, and they'r too big to be ccw driven Is Ruger cutting back on production? I'm curious.
fightingquaker13

Actually CCW is what I'm getting the 4 inch for, it's somewhat smaller than the Smiths and Taurus's I used to carry.
I have no facts to support this but I suspect that the increase in first time pistol buyers has something to do with it.

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2009, 12:29:53 PM »
Can't remember where I heard it or read it, and this news is a little old, but as of December 31, 2008, Ruger was $48 million behind in outstanding orders.  I imagine it's a matter of production and scheduling which products get built when.  The $48 million number was released by Ruger in some kind of financial report.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

tombogan03884

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2009, 04:41:17 PM »
I knew they were WAY behind on LCP's

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk